Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good reason not to switch to boost?

I've used boost and cricket all over the country. as a whole, boost is way better. cricket has better in town coverage in the markets it covers, but spreading that coverage out over roaming and metropcs waters down their total coverage.

it boils down to what works best in your area, but just because cricket works the best in your town doesn't mean it does over the whole country. same with boost.

pricewise, they are almost equal. with the exception of the boost blackberry that is.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was formally with cricket in Nashville, TN. While i was with Cricket the service was great, no drops, no billing probs, nothing.
    Note, I am no longer with Cricket.
    I will say this, my best friend is with Sprint (due to his company) and when we talk his calls drop all the time. He is in sales, has a large terrirory, out of Atlanta, coverst the entire Southeast. He tells me what i can already see from the native Sprint map - unless you are in a large metro area, the coverage stinks. Even in Atlanta, he can tell me when the calls are going to drop due to Sprint coverage issues.
    I rely too much on my phone.
    If sprint has good covage in your area great.
    not for me.
    (There is a good reason why the company is bleeding. I hope Sprint makes it. They keep the prices down.)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do not think you can apply a discount to ED unlimited. How do you come up with 42.50?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

excuse my ignorance, what's sprint ed... and i know there is google to search but I just want a human response is it that bad:?????

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

yes, due to latest PRL updates some markets on boost have roaming. there is a thread in the boost forum about it. whether or not it is supposed to be we are not sure, however yes in some markets you can roam on verizon and place calls and texts.

outside of that though, you are correct there is no "official" roaming policy.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

thats odd... if boost gets official roaming, in all markets, then i'll probably end up switching. thats on of the only reasons i'm with cricket. that and i just love the company in general. but when i was with boost (iden) i hated the service, slow texts over the internet (which led to awful battery), and aloooooot of dropped calls... and i barley got any calls when people did call me...

is boost's cdma network any better?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

one thing cricket has over boost is roaming... if boost offered roaming i would switch to them... i don't plan to talk alot while roaming, but it's always nice to know that if i had to make a call, i could. with boost, if you go off the interstate, your phone won't work....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

cdma network is 20 times better in regarRAB to stability and whatnot. i work for telephone companies, and i had cricket for years. i only switched to boost because i needed coverage in los angeles and metroPCS was terrible. in the areas i've traveled to it is equal to or better than cricket coverage.

in california cricket roams on sprint, so it really isn't any different than having cricket + roaming.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

what do you mean, boost is on the Sprint network, which is a nationwide network and you don't need roaming. cricket has roaming and its a hinderance to its network, and abilities. does your web work when you're not in a cricket home market? lol

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why don't you just port out somewhere temporary to keep your phone nuraber and then get on Cricket prepaid? It's $5 cheaper than Boost for the same deal.

Oh wait, you said you want to bring your own phone? Nevermind...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information