Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Good reason not to switch to boost?

2 things. I've traveled all over the west coast with Boost and haven't had any issues. Remeraber that places like Los Angeles there is no cricket market, which means you'll be on a crappy metroPCS market. i've been to SD, LA, LV, PHX, TUC, and haven't had any issues with boost or cricket.

Secondly, the phone selection for CDMA is basically based on 2 carriers; Verizon and Sprint. Most users on this forum are using one of the two. You can say phone selection sucks, and it probably does compared to being able to use any Verizon, Telus, Cricket, or Sprint device. But when you count the threaRAB in this forum about flashing Sprint devices to Cricket, there is a pretty big market share of CDMA devices.

i've heard that but don't believe it anymore... even if its a policy lol

I live in the nashville area any my girlfrienRAB college has horrible service, when we're outside i get 1 -2 bars but as soon as i step inside the building, nothing... it says searching for service, and I have to turn my phone off so the battery won't die in 10 min...

that was annoying, but when cricket started using sprint, i now have 2-3 bars inside the building! and i tried to access the internet inside the building and it wouldn't let me (i'm running off the assumption that its sprint because i know that you can't use internet on sprint) and once i step outside, the internet works again!

so i dunno why i suddenly have talk and text inside the college when i never even had service before... and i get coverage everywhere around the school, its not riding the edge of crickets original coverage or anything... thats why it was annoying cause I SHOULD"VE had coverage in there before...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

liar liar pants on fire. :lolup:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It really depenRAB on your % landline calling before 7PM on weekdays. If you are always talking to other mobile carrier subs, those minutes are free. That's the gimmick. (3000 shared AT minutes is $52/line for 4 lines)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Correct and like I said I can only speak for the Utah market.
    and the Utah market for sprint and boost is horrible.

If utah didnt force to have to pay taxes < thats a killer we get so many people complaining about how boost claims to no taxes and then turns around and is now starting to charge tax

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, the price point is the same ($47 after tax now vs $50 including tax at boost) so its not really about that. Its more so the faster data that i'd want to have access to.

The one thing I do appreciate about cricket is that its so easy to use pretty much any CDMA phone where with boost the process of switching is so sketchy and it isnt really clear if its okay. I do get the feeling that one day boost is going to close the door on sprint phones and id just be coming back to cricket anyways.

The funny thing is, with opera mini and with most apps, the data really isnt THAT bad as the latency is really low even with capped EV-DO.

I keep hearing people talking about things changing, so maybe I will stay after all to see what that is all about.

Thanks guys for the feedback.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's coming August/Septeraber this year. Official, yes confirmed. I'm sure, probably, and yes, maybe. Still...it might not be...but it will happen soon.
    Official release will be last Tuesday in August or so I'm told.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i went boost over cricket. nationwide network, no taxes, no proxy on data, full blackberry support, and the ability to use almost any sprint phone? really, cricket can't compare.

also, your bill is 48 a month if you use reboost. not 50.

by the way, boost isnt going to close any doors on phones, infact they keep opening more. they just released 3 new phones including a blackberry. you're wasting your time waiting on cricket.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So, that would be Internet while roaming on Sprint, or would it be on all of the roaming carriers? Do you know if it'll be free of charge?

i'm sorry but boost is nationwide. boost cdma is sprints network and has nationwide coverage. sure there are spots that no carrier will cover, but aside from that boost is nationwide. it is not a regional provider which makes it nationwide.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information