Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good reason not to switch to boost?

Would you care to elaborate on what the changes are going to be or what you think the changes may be? I am changing carriers soon for my 3 lines and Cricket is currently not even a distant posibility for us. I don't know anyone with Cricket. I honestly don't know how they are hanging on.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

boost covers tax with their plan, but why does that make their plan holy?? cricket is still 3 dollars cheaper than boost and cricket has better coverage and a WAY better network

i was with boost, hated it

i love cricket, their coverage isn't verizon, but its way better than boost, and more reliable than boost by far!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

These are the things I hear, which have not seen. Supposedly there is no roaming allowed on boost, yet there is a guy claiming he can get on Verizon towers.

My suggestion to anyone and everyone is to try it. There is no loss to get a phone and try it for 30 days. It is how I fell in love with cricket, and why I am now on Boost. Prepaid is all about the best bargain, so why are we even having this discussion?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i dunno i had cricket and it sucked i didnt get any serivice anywhere my **** would cut out all day my plan was the 35 dollar one which came to 42.50 at cricket add 5 bux if its not a cricket store so i was paying almost 50 or about 43 if at cricket for only unlimited texts and calling no web no roaming no nothing so yeah i switched to boost better service i never lose it like that and i switched to my touch diamond n works awesome and i pay 50 bux n have unlimited web text minutes and roaming cricket does blow right now but like theyre saying "one day" cricket will be better....plus when i wasnt able to pay my bill cricket tried charging me 2 months and **** it was annoying

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm current on the fence about moving my touch diamond to boost and I was wondering if anyone had any compelling arguments as to why I would want to stick with cricket? $50 unlimited including taxes with full EVDO makes it seem silly not to want to move over.

Thoughts?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hmmm, I disagree. Cricket screwed up by not allowing in-market roaming on Sprint. In most markets, if you are driving down the interstate Cricket service will end before leaving that market. You won't roam on Sprint until you leave the market thus leaving miles and miles of uncovered highways. Boost at least has very few holes around the interstate. Metro implemented their roaming much better than Cricket did. If you want an example of what I am talking about, look at the coverage map for Charlotte, NC and then compare it to Sprint's. Make sure to zoom out a bit. You'll see an island of Cricket coverage and it's very dis-jointed from the Sprint coverage.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

No question about that, but is Boost really that much of a bargain compared to Sprint ED?

Boost:
    * No roaming
    * Little to no hanRABet subsidy
    * Limited selection of hanRABets, particularly smartphones
    * Poor data and text on iDEN.

Spend $20+tax more for Sprint ED:
    * Roaming on any CDMA carrier
    * Automatic Sprint Premier meraber: Full hanRABet subsidy every 12 months
    * Anymobile free - for many, this is just as good as unlimited calling.
    * Free TeleNav ($10 value)
    * Free Sprint TV and radio ($10 value)
    * Corp discount up to 25% ($17)
    * Free BIS for Blackberry

Based on a $300 hanRABet subsidy over 12 months, that's a $25/month value right there. Even if you compare a $300 Boost PDA to a Sprint PDA for $100 out of pocket, that is a $17/month savings over 12 months.

Obviously, my example is a bit contrived because you may not want a new hanRABet every year, but what if you do?

I'm not trying to put down Boost, just providing some food for thought. :buddies:

BTW, ED is even better on a family plan. $42.50/line for 4 lines. (Only one line gets a hanRABet every 12 months.)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

just to be sure, we both know that ROAMING is defined as service you get off of your home network, so in the map you posted, the gray would be roaming, and the green would be boost coverage, and in my map, the white would be where the roaming should be, and the green is where boost coverage is... because i think we may be misinterpreting what roaming actually is... roaming isn't coverage outside of nashville... roaming is coverage out of your home network, or the gray area. the gray area is other towers that sprint "rents" from verizon and other CDMA companies

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The covers is just depend where you are but at least it is suck here in Austin TX You may get better cover where you at but that not mean nothing to people not in your area.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've heard nothing but complaints about boost. The coverage is terrible and the texting doesn't work well. It is on the IDEN technology which explains a lot.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information