Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

cricket has new plans

so cricket offers free roaming now with the new plans?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

cricket has new plans

Cricket $30 has unlimited text and unlimited voice. VM $50 has only unlimited voice, unlimited text is an additional fee. Boost $50 has unlimited voice, unlimited text, and unlimited web. So for some, when comparing unlimited voice and unlimited text, permaroaming a Cricket phone is the better deal. I dont see any language like Sprint or AT&T that severely limit roaming and allow them to bill you or terminate your account for exceeding the roaming bucket in the fine print.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

cricket has new plans

Just so there's no mis-information $30 is unlimited nationwide talk only..no text..may be different in some markets, but most are talk only.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

cricket has new plans

That's true.

Well, I guess it would come out to the same amount of money each month then. I won't be saving anything, but at least I'll get the new nationwide coverage.

Thanks for reminding me about this!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

cricket has new plans

Zip code 78752:

$30
    unlimited
    nationwide talk
    long distance

If SMS was included, it would be decent. Keep in mind that this does not include things like call waiting and voice mail for instance. Maybe your zip code does include sms? Id totally be willing to activate a phone for $30 that had sms included when the tax is rolled in. its a shame that in my area at least, sms is not included. Granted, adding in sms for $5, $35 bucks would be pretty cheap.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

cricket has new plans

I heard somewhere that Cricket was going to included taxes into their plans as soon as they install their new billing software at the end of the summer. I guess the old billing software is not setup correctly to handle plans without taxes.

Maybe woof, can confirm or deny this???

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

cricket has new plans

cricket has change their plans and saying they have more coverage than Boost and t-mobile! "cricket covers 277 million people, that 9 million than t-mobile and 1 million than boost"....the plans go from $30 to $60, i wonder id the plans will include the taxs as well??

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

cricket has new plans

Ok, so after reading the CNN article, out of curiosity, I went to their site where on the main page it showed their new "coverage area", and much of the U.S. was in green (dark or light). I went to the area that shows more detailed maps and entered my zip code, where it said they do not offer service.

Ok, I live in metro Atlanta, but figured I was in a dead zone. I then went in to check what phones they have anyway, and it won't let me see the phones without entering my zip code first. Of course, it says again I'm not in a coverage area, and won't even let me browse phones. So then I start to enter zip codes that are actually inside the inner city area of Atlanta. I tried four zip codes and with each one, their site says they are not in coverage areas. None of them. In a city with a metro population of 5+ million.

Thought there was a problem with their site. Spent time trying to find a way to report it on their site - no links for such. Did a live chat with someone from India, and they told me that I was correct - that they do not cover Atlanta. Ok, so, how is it that they advertise as having "more coverage than T-mobile and Boost", yet, they say there is no coverage in a metro area of 5 million? Both T-mobile and Boost cover this area, as does Net10/Trac, and pretty much anything else - it's one of the major cities for crying out loud.

Well, $30 or not, given the dead zone here and lack of ability to see phones or email them on the site easily, I wouldn't use them even if they dropped a cell tower in my back yard at this point. But I just think this new campaign they have going on about coverage is very misleading if they don't even cover a major U.S. city like Atlanta.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

cricket has new plans

Nope, taxes are still extra

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

cricket has new plans

Reason why the website claimed that Cricket does not have service in Atlanta and would not let you look at phones is because Atlanta is not a native Cricket market. Cricket will not (and should not) sign you up for service if you don't live within one of their native markets and spend 100% of your time roaming. The costs Cricket would incur from you roaming would be more than the $30 you pay them a month.

Their campaign is not misleading. A Cricket user can go to Atlanta and roam free of charge; Cricket just won't let someone with an Atlanta address sign up for their services. Try signing up for at&t, Sprint, or T-Mobile in an area where they are roaming and see if they want your business.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information