Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Disappointed Shippers #22: When you're dreaming with a broken heart the giving up is the hardest part.

I really went WTF at the finale in general.

I did want some final scenes for CE too.

Really there isn't anything I liked about the last episode.:no:

I'm glad The OC ended when it did. At least it never got as bad as OTH.

I really loved Pacey/Andie.

I never expected Andie to cheat on him.

I shipped Pacey/Joey and Dawson/Joey too.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Disappointed Shippers #22: When you're dreaming with a broken heart the giving up is the hardest part.

this!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Agreed on both couples. LL are my one of my OTP of OTPs, and to see them ruined like that in the last season -- or really the last two seasons -- was such a punch to the gut. I really blame the deterioration of their engagement to the introduction of April. It brought out the worst in both Luke and Lorelai's characters; one of Gilmore Girls only true jump-the-shark moments. I love LL to death, and am glad they reunited in the finale, but they never fully recovered from Aprilgate.

As for Rory/Logan, I am actually a Rory/Jess shipper first and forever, but I did grow to like RL quite a great deal, especially during my recent re-watch of season 6 and 7. I think the way they were written in the finale was total hogwash. Both of them acted totally OOC, especially Logan. The writers seriously wanted us to believe that Logan would propose to Rory in a room full of people and all her family? Seriously? Did not buy that. I also did not buy that he would propose to her at all, but let's suspend disbelief on that one and say that he could want to marry Rory at 22. Even if she said no, I don't think Logan is the kind of guy to pull the 'all or nothing' card on her, especially when marriage wasn't something they had ever seriously talked about. It's not like I was a huge cheerleader for an RL endgame, but in some ways I do believe Logan was really good for Rory, and I would have liked to see a better ending to their story.

In general the GG finale was a huge disappointment for me. It had some great Rory/Lorelai scenes, a Java Junkies endgame, a wonderful Lorelai/Emily moment, and a fitting ending for a just-graduated Rory. But I thought the writing of the main characters was not very consistent with the characters that AS-P created, and that was the worst blow to my fangirl self. I also wish it hadn't been so rushed, after seven years of build-up. But, oh well. I guess it's pretty tricky to create the perfect finale. I just wish they would get on making a movie in order to rectify that last season!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Elizabeth and Lucky (gh)- My soap couple has been rung through the ringer so many times it isn't funny.

Charlie and claire (lost) He died so she could get off the island with Aaron, and what happens, she gets stuck on the island and Aaron gets off. So his death was POINTLESS. So much potential and storytelling they let die.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I stopped watching at some point (just because it stop airing here and I was too lazy to look it up on line), but I loved those two while I did. They were one of those couples I was almost certain the writers were on the same page with me. Guess not out:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Disappointed Ships that I have some hope for:

Toby & Emily
    Lucas & Hanna
    {Pretty Little Liars}
    Starr & Cole
    {One Life To Live}

Disappointed Ships that I have very little hope for:

Declan & Holly J
    Sav & Anya
    KC & Jenna
    {Degrassi}

Disappointed Ships that I have ZERO hope for:

Sam & Santana
    Mike & Brittany
    Blaine & Rachel
    Finn & Santana
    Jesse & Santana
    Sam & Rachel
    {Glee}
    David & Amanda
    JR & Amanda
    Colby & Damon
    {All My Children}
    Peter & Mia
    Sav & Jenna
    {Degrassi}
    Kitty & Bobby
    {X-Men 3}
    Brooke & Lucas
    Jake & Peyton
    Dan & Rachel
    {One Tree Hill}

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gio and Betty

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This forever. They became two strangers who happen to have frienRAB in common

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Aaron/Jackson God this pairing has heartbreak written all over it. I wish I hadnt become so invested in them because they just continued to break my heart until finally:
    Jackson Walsh/Death WHY? WHY? WHY?!!! Aaron doesnt deserve all of this **** that the writers keep on putting him through, though I'm only hoping that it makes him stronger in the end.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Giles and Jenny

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information