Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

HOW TO: LG VX8300 on Cricket with All Data Features Working including Brew!!!

Ive been trying to get the mms to work on my vx8100. I got wap working, and have followed all instructions in tutorials. After messing around with LG download a few times, I wonder if I could edit the mms server name/etc by tinkering with the paramtable file. When I open that file with hex edit I see the names of all the other sites: the cricket wap settings (wap.mycricket.com), as well as the website names/servers for the old verizon crap (ver.chat ver.email) but I find no references to mms. Is there a way to edit the mms settings in the paramtable file without messing with LG download?
    thanks
    Thanks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi everyone. Took me a while to figure this one out. I had the help of berry_lthird.

Please follow his same exact tutorial for the vx9900.

The only major change is that you will need to use the 9900 dll file.
    NOT THE 8300 dll. I don't know why, but this WORKS!

I own the 8300 and did the same steps in the tutorial. The minors differences in the NV Edit menus between the 8300 and 9900 will no longer be seen since you are using the 9900 dll anyway. After all steps are completed: reset the browser, edit and replace the paramtable1.fil again (as it may have been reverted back to 00). Write.

Test the mobile web browser. Test the MMS. It should all be working.

Find 9900 DLL here:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, DLL matters, make sure you are using the VX9900 Dll

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Berry 3rd. I tried quite a few dll's but it seems that the mms settings I enter never take. I have wap working fine, and incoming mms fine, but outgoing is a no-go. I found something interesting i wanted your opinion on. After a few valiant efforts with lg download, I found the nvm_lg_param file in bitpim (filesystem-Nvm-Nvm). This is the only place in the filesystem that has a place for one to change the mms server site. In bitpim it would not overwrite, but in qpst efs explorer I changed the mms server name to Crickets, but the outgoing still didnt work. Anyway, I figured you would understand it better than me. I attached the text file of my attempt to adjust the nvm_lg_param file. Oddly enough, now that I overwrote it with qpst, qpst cannot save files from my phone in efs explorer anymore....
    Gee, Im trying to contribute, but i just keep screwing up phones!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

PS: When i tried to use the 9800 dll nv edit would have some sort of unknown error. 9900 and 8300 dlls could read nv but when tried to write settings didnt take.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sweet man! I guess your mafia now! add it to your sig!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thats the one i was using, i got it from humpa's site, its the same one i used to flash my env

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Reverting is normal, so long as the settings write to the phone. All features should work.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

MORAB: Can this be added to the existing sticky?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information