Hey guys, I have a 1996 ducati monster m900, and yes it has carbs. I'm having a little engine troubles. 2 things; one, occasionally after warming the bike up and riding for awhile it will idle high. But it's not predictable, more random. Any reasons this would happen? And 2; I experience engine lag, but it's not when I accelerate hard, that's fine it grabs like a beauty, it's when I shift from say high rpms in 2 gear to 3 gear. When I hit the throttle in 3rd it sputters, like it needs fuel. The sputtering used to only last a second but now it won't go away once it starts. It's like my whole 3rd gear is useless, just sputters the whole time and doesn't accelerate, I have to shift to 4th to keep going. I am doing some repairs tho. The spark plugs look fine, but I have not got into anything with the carbs. I have removed the charcoal canister off the back, it was full of water, and just vented the gas tank, I have a new high flow fuel filter and a fuel pump rebuild kit I'm waiting to install over the wknd. But I am really eager to fix this problem and I need to know, am I doing the right things? I really don't want to mess with the carbs but I will if I need to. Thank you everyone and some serious answers would be very helpful! Thank you