My husband was born about an hour from where we live. He was adopted at 6 mo old. He has no desire to know any information at all regarding his adoptions. His adoptive parents have offered to help him find out some information. We took some classes to become foster parents a few years ago and the women teaching the class encouraged him to find his 'file' and read it (he was adopted through the state). He said no, he doesn't want to know - I just cannot understand how you wouldn't be curious and want to find out.

The reason I started thinking more about this is a couple of weeks ago someone showed me a picture of a little girl who is the same age as my oldest daughter - she looks VERY similar to my daughter - she was even mistaken for my daughter by a playmate. It got me thinking, next year when my own children start school they could become friends with people who are potentially related to them.

Anyways just curious if any adoptees could shed light on why my husband is not at all curious.