I recently read that there are more missionaries and higher rates of believers in third world countries than in the countries that sent them. This seems backwards. We need revival. Why are Western countries sending missionaries to foreign countries yet fewer and fewer people come to Christ in their own country? Shouldn't we be concerned about the souls in our own countries too? Or are we simply resting on our social programs while comfortably falling into spiritual apostasy? I'm glad I belong to a full gospel, conservative, Christian church that's not afraid to call members to repentance of their sins while encouraging us to live more Christ-like lives.
My friend is a missionary here in Alaska. She agrees with me. Yes, Mormons and JW have US missionaries, but not many mainstream Christian churches do. I was wondering why. Not only in the US, but what about Europe? Why don't Americans do missionary service there too? My own church sent a group to Russia and China last year. We need to encourage each other to continue even in your home country.