Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What was the political and social outcome of Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation? ?

I have to write an essay and I'm not exactly sure what it means by political outcome!

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tuffy's answer is correct however I would add that the Emancipation Proclamation gave Hope to the slaves.
    The South did not get help from Great Britain.

I have always wondered if during the American War for Independence - Great Britain had proclaimed that all American Slaves were free. Would that have changed the outcome of our War for Independence?

Did you understand that what Tuffy was saying that the Emancipation Proclamation did not free any slaves? The slaves in the States under Abraham Lincoln were still slaves (border states). The Slaves in the States in Rebellion were not freed by the Emancipation Proclamation because the States in Rebellion were not listening to Lincoln anyway.

Remember Lincoln's # 1 job was to preserve the Union. He said that he would free all, none or some of the Slaves to protect the Union.

The Emancipation Proclamation and the Gettysburg address changed the direction of the Civil War. Now the war was going to end slavery.

M

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information