First I'm new to this site so 'HI'! and I'm also fairly new to writing novels, I usually do short stories.

So my novel is set in America (New Mexico) about an FBI agent who is put on a case to catch a serial killer whose victims are all teen girl's. After seeing the tortured dead body of his latest victim, the agent begins her search on the criminal no one can seem to catch or identify. Then another girl goes missing (she's the daughter of someone important like a business man, I haven't decided yet). In trying to find this girl the Agent unearths some disturbing truths out this popular figure-head's daughter, whilst also struggling with her own memories of childhood that are brought back to her by the case making her more determined and obsessed with saving this girl's life no matter what the cost to her career, herself and the people around her.
Also the mysteries death of a young girl years ago, whose killer was never found seems to have a link to this case, but her relatives seem reluctant to dreg up information about her death that is more that just grieving parents who don't want to relive it.
I guess it's more of a psychological thriller is some ways, it focus's more on self contentment and accepting your past than on whether the killer is caught or not. The girl is saved but the killer will escape justice. Solving the case for this agent is more about satisfying something inside herself and as long as the girl lives she'll be satisfied.

This is my first shot at a thriller novel, and I don't know whether it'll like anything else out there, or even if it's a good idea? It's hard for me to explain it clearly as I haven't worked things through that far yet, but any ideas would be great and I like to hear your opinions.
Thank You
LOL i'll remember you if i become a millionaire!