Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My dog pulled out his stitches?

My dog was attacked by my sisters dog Thursday. (My sister lives with me and she brought her 3 dogs) the dog is a male, and a year and a half older than mine. We have had problems with them, and until Thurday, the dogs have always been separated. I was at work when my sister called to tell me her dog got to my dog (her fault she let them together) and he got 7 stitches in his right front leg, and 6 in the left front leg. Today, I left for work, making sure he had his e-collar on and got home with his collar off and my sister gone at work. My dog was whining in the corner, and he took his stitches out, his wound isn't bleeding but it looks like red gel. My sister got home, and she told me she took the e-collar off because he would be fine without it. I told her if I wasn't home, then he has to wear it bc obviously she can't keep an eye on him. She went to college to be a vets assistant or whatever and she said she called the vet and he said to either close it up with superglue or use gauze and an ace bandage. None of that seems right. Should I call the emergency line to find out for myself, or let her do her thing since she knows everything and take him in asap in the morning?
    Thanks everyone. She is an idiot. My husband told her either she gets rid of that dog, or she goes. Just called the emergency vet, he is nice enough to come get my dog himself and bring him to the office in town to stitch him up.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    call the emergency. she would be in better care if u take her to the emergency. better that the emergency vets superglue and ace bandage your dog than you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information