I bought a car from a private seller (didnt know they were H Junkies and ex con artists). I paid in full in cash, and then we went to secratary of state and transfered everything to my name . so legally I own this car right ? Now they are calling me saying they want more money and threatening to bust the windows out and make sure the car wont start (I have the messages) calling me and threatening to take the car back - when I already paid them what we agreed on. In Full. So im just wondering if they are trying to get $$ out of me - when i already paid the car and theyre trying to say I didnt and they want more, can I get in trouble based on their lies even though I paid them? JW. These people are crazy . We had no contract just a verbal agreement that we agreed on 1200$ for the car and I paid in all before we went to Sec. of State. Theyre trying to sue me and a whole bunch of shit and will not quit harassing me and i do not owe them anything! I am noe a liar , cheater noer do I try to screw people out of $$ either. I wasnt raised like that. idk what to do.