I've been a member of FanFiction.Net since 2001. Over time, I've noticed the site disallow the use of more and more things (and I'm not talking about their idiotic bans on NC-17 fics, script fics, second-person fics, etc.). Hyphens used to be allowed in the titles. They put a stop to that. The <dd> tag for paragraph indentations used to be allowed. No more.

Since I have used the <dd> tag since the mid-1990s in my fics, I've found that I have to "convert" my fics before posting them to FanFiction.Net, usually by replacing all of the <dd> tags with <p> tags to do two line breaks (double-spacing between paragraphs, basically).

The problem is I normally use the <p> tag to separate scenes. Since all of my paragraphs are now double-spaced, I've gone back and inserted a <br> tag (line break) to triple-space between scenes.

The problem is, I've discovered, FanFiction.Net apparently doesn't allow <br> tags.

Here's my latest fanfic. I want to go back and update the formating, so all of my scenes don't seem to run together: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7343251/1/I_Carly

How would I go about breaking up scenes on FanFiction.Net, since I can't use a <br> tag?