I live in Quebec, Canda. I had lost my job after 2 years.
Once I was unemployed I had filed a form to recieve employment ensurance, but I had forgotten to bring in my ROE, (record of employment) which delayed me a month. Once I had given it in, I asked "am I missing any paper work, is there anything I should do"? I was told no, I would be contacted in 21 business days.
After 16 business days, I had passed by to see if they have my status.
I was told me application has been canceled because I had not filed my bi-weekly papers stating what I am doing with my time.
I had to re-apply.
I had told the agent I am 24yrs old, and I had never completed high-school. Now that I am unemployed I had registered myself in an adult education school, to obtain my diploma (shouls take 1-1.50yrs)
I was told I am wasting my time with them, since they only pay until you find a job, and since I am styding FT I am obviously not looing to work.
I had visited EMPLOI QUEBEC, and my agent had told me that being that I placed myself in schooling, and wasnt reffered there by the government I would have a difficult time being approved for financial assistance.
I was told to wait until our next appt to see where I stand, and that worst case scenario I could get WELFARE= 45$ a week and a bus pass.

WHAT A JOKE!

Do you know how to get financial assitance, if you are attempting to finish high school as an adult?
All the loans and bursaries I am finding are for college/university.

Please respond if you have any ideas / opinions!

Thank you very much!