Our neighbors have been violating the township's noise ordinance for a month now. They are shooting what's called a "propane cannon" 24/7, and it is a nuisance while trying to sleep at night. Can they be sued for this?
He rented the propane cannons from the Department of Agriculture on the pretenses that crows are eating his corn (that he has stated he grows as a hobby, NOT as a livelihood). The Department of Agriculture said that he is supposed to be abiding by our township's noise ordinance. The police were called and did nothing about the situation. They stated that "since it was rented from the government, it is a government issue."
Also, I am a high school student. Losing sleep affects my ability to learn and complete problems presented to me. My mom works out of the house, so she is losing sleep as well and her quality of work decreases as a result. My uncle lives with us, and he has a mental handicap and Cerebral Palsy. He shakes constantly and has started shaking worse since the cannons were put in place because he is losing sleep as well and they startle him.
Just realized I forgot to say how often it goes off. It goes off anywhere between 10 to 15 times an hour, 24 hours a day.