I have Sony Vegas Pro 11, and I have a video. :U

I'm having problems trying to render the video; I don't know if I'm saving it wrong or what. But I'm trying to render it for a high quality YouTube file. For some reason, any render type I try to use, it turns out into a reeeally large video file size. And then my computer runs out of space and can't even save the entire file. For example, I tried to save it as an AVI I think, and then my computer stopped it because it didn't have enough space... when I went to go look at the file and what got saved of it, it only got about 1 minute out of the 4 minute video. And that one minute took 11 GB. |D I don't think that's noooormal. I'd like it to be pretty high quality to show off, but... yeah. Not that big. Videos at the very least that are under a GB about are nice. I also haven't heard of most of these video types. MP4s and AVIs are pretty much all I know. XD Also, what should the average video file size be?

I just got Sony Vegas pretty much and haven't messed around with it too much, so I'm a complete noob to it. I'm not going to know any complicated terms, how to do anything on it really, or... yeah I'm just really new. XD So I'm sorry for being so troubling but I'm going to need step by step directions if I plan on getting any help with this.