Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    !!amanday trick!!

Why do Republicans think that Government spending is bad.?

The government is responsible for maintaining law and order in a civilized society. It is responsible for our system of jurisprudence, maintaining our infrastructure, insuring the health of its citizens, educating its citizens, and protecting its resources.However, whenever a Democrat tries to put forward a bill to do these things, with the exception of military spending, the Republicans block it. Do the Republicans not want any government spending?Why don't Republicans help cash strapped states with education funding? Why not help build infrastructure. That is government's job.What is more hypocritical, when Republicans are in power, they outspend Democrats, yet when they are not in power they criticize Democrats for the very thing that they do most, spend.Republicans outspend democrats on everything.If Democrats are labeled as tax and spend.Republicans should be labeled as borrow and spend more.I ask this because people on this forum are listening to Limbaugh too much and think that FDR caused the Great Depression with the New Deal.PS. If you don't believe me that Republicans vastly outspend Democrats, then look at the unbiased historical data, the numbers don't lie.http://www.cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/usdebt.htmIf you look at this data you will see another trend.Democrats tend to balance their budgets, Republicans do not.For the last 40 years, every democrat president took in more money than he spent, every republican spent more than he made. Sounds like the Democrat party is the more responsible party.Tifa,Blacks and whites are the same species. If blacks are destined to fail, then so are whites! Genetically we are identical. Blacks = Whites = Homo-sapiens = Human beings

!Andy!

I don't think that government spending is bad. I think that government WASTE and over-spending is bad.

Philladelphia

Send me all of your money and I'll spend it for you, then re ask this question. I'll spend some on your security, and the rest on crap that no one needs

teekayy

To republicans, spending is bad unless they are spending it.

!*!SMOKE fan!*!

In and of itself it is not "bad"... however it really depends on WHAT it's being spent on.. :/ I expect taxpayers and the government to pay for services that protect me (ie, law enforcement, fire, military) and even public things like parks, schools, libraries.... but there has to be a line drawn... and the line for me is when spending starts to hinder, take away, or outright dictate a persons personal responsibility then I think it's too much...

!CoolMama!

If nations could tax and spend their way out of trouble; they would.Any questions?

!!Jack!!

1. difference between a Republican and Democrat is this: Dems know how to spend the taxpayer dollar and do it without asking, Republicans ask how they can spend the dollar and allow the public to say and refuse -- 2. how come nobody is taking about the cost of two wars NOW, but did b/4 -- cud it be that the new Dem package is dwarfing it?? Government never made a job -- work yes, but never a job -- why now?3. why do they alwas talk about FDR and what he did -- when his chief guy (Morganthal) wrote that their spending bills f a i l e d and made the depression l o n g e r -- i/e. spending did not repeat did not get them out of the depression === read h i s t o r y

!!Jack!!

no government is ONLY supposed to pay for what we NEED to survivethe military, police, firefighters, roads ectthe government DOES NOT need to act as a charity

Phill W

They don't. Have you had a look at the military budget? Corporate welfare? They think that government spending is bad when goes directly to the people because it means that the private sector was not able to get it's 30-35% cut first. In a choice between the tax and spend Dem's or the CHARGE ITrepubliCANTS, l'll take the Dem's every time.

!..Ross..!

I haven't listened to Rush in years. Spending isn't bad depending what it is for, if it is something we really need fine If it is just a pay back to the democrats like the pork package it is crazy. We need only the necessities right now ! Not all the frill and fluff !

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information