Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    !!!OH MAN!!!

Whats wrong with wanting a bit of government help?

There's nothing wrong with asking for help if you really need it.I don't have a problem helping you if you really need it.What I have a problem with is the government forcing me to help by confiscating my money under the threat of prison.

philkillen

I have no problem with people asking for help when they need it. That's what welfare is all about. I have a sister who received some welfare and food stamps for herself and her son after a divorce. Even with child support and her job her income was so little that she was eligible for some assistance. After 1 1/2 yrs she no longer needed it and was grateful it was there to help her.

teedle

I'm a conservative and I believe government aid is necessary. (something in our constitution) Provisions for the general welfare of citizens is a very complicated and varied. It can compare with all the different cultures and political views that americans have. All of us will never agree about everything.

!@#$%^&*

After a lifetime of work and paying hefty taxes, I'm with you! I want to give up and suck off the system like the Dems. Since there will now be more takers than payers under Barry O, I will be joining the new majority!!! It's kind of exciting!Just one question: Will I be required to take drugs and scream "Global Warming"???

teejack7

We already have give you some help it's not bad, it's when we give too much help, but the way Obama is put this it is Medicare he's providing for about everyone that has a low paying job or not working. Which is not giving them crumby house until they work their way about it, we give them the same house we worked our butts of for given them to free. Also on the business turf, they discouraging businesses to exceed, if you become successful in your business you get taxed so much more to give to someone else. Does that seem fair? Especially when you have a business that you own and you are risking your house, car, and finance on the business.

!enigmatic!

Why should my hard earned money go to someone who does not work or have the same work ethic as me.

!##!TestBreak!##!

you seem to think the government owns the money. you forget that the taxpayers will be the ones footing the bill.and you can be sure that help from uncle sam always come with strings attached. so while you are getting a little help from obama, it will be me and lots of americans paying for it. we are already in debt up to our ears, how can we ever pay for it?whats wrong with being self suffecient?why depend on others to pay your way?

teeballpeanutman

Sir, Im a conservative and I dont have a problem with giving. My wife and I donate plenty to charity. Our problem is with the people who are able bodied, but would rather suck the government tit. Democrats seek to expand these programs even further . This takes money out of the pockets of hard working individuals and businesses. Its clear to many that more programs = more democrat votes. As for your bible comment. Does religion not have a moral core? You and I both know it does. You can be an athiest without being a dick. Dems say they care . All they care about is their votes. Otherwise if they cared they teach people how to fish, rather than give them fish. You know, todays standard of poor. People still have cell phones, microwave ovens and the like. Government housing comes complete with all that stuff these days. At your expense. You say your a business man. You should understand this. Do an experiment. Save every reciept you have for a month. At the end of the month, tally up the all of the taxes. Include your property tax, sales tax, any form of business tax or regulatory tax or fee. Then ask yourself. Were the hell is it going! The Constitution was written to specifically limit the size and scope of government. Our for fathers new we were going to get to big for our own britches, thats why its written that way. Get yourself a copy of The Communist Manifesto. And a copy of The United States Constitution and read it for exactly what it says. This will take you 30 min to complete. Think about all those beatles songs and "happy" peace songs. There has been an anti American movement going on in this country for qiut some time.

!!LEET_TO_DA_BEAT!!

your question is about wanting government help and that is the point where we start to have a problem with aid programs if you need help and if you get that help i do not have a problem with that. if you are taking the aid money only because you want help when you have other options that is wrong. we must watch out to make sure the programs are not set up by the government to create a cycle of dependancy but rather a base from witch to become more self sufficant.

philitones

Welfare Welfare Welfare. Do you people realize there is no program where someone can choose to to sit and home and collect a government check - except social security and everyone gets that when they are old enough whether they need it or not.TANF - Temporary Aid to Needy Families replaced welfare back in the 1990's. It cost about 80 billion dollars (less that 0.5% of the fed budget). 80% of the people who get it are Children. The few adults that get it are temporarily sick or disabled.Now there are a lot of programs out there that cost far, far more (Food stamps, medicaid, SSI to name a few) But you can't just decide to take money from those programs, you have to qualify with genuine need.So what most of you are complaining about is feeding children and caring for the sick and disabled. Complain away - but there but for the grace of God go you. Karma's a bi-ach

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information