Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    !!!!

Undocumented alien, still on process of legalization by marriage (4years waiting)?

I'm a Mexican National who entered the country illegaly at the age of 17, I came here with my family for a better option of life. People might think it is easy to come here LEGALY, trust me, my family and I tried. My brothers and I applied for student visas several times, as well as tourist visas. After being turn down several times, my parents decided for all of us do the bold move of crossing the border illegaly. As soon as I arrived to the states I enrolled on high school hoping to graduate and move on to a higher education. At my senior year of high school I met my wife and started my family. With my baby daughter on the way, my wife and I decided to get married to live within the rule of god. We continued our studies, Untill I had to drop out of college, because my out of state student fees were killiing me. This is when my wife consulted a lawyer for immigration advise. The lawyer told us, that it was a dumb move to marry in the states and that it will take a long long time to become a citizen, due to the fact that G, Bush closed up the bill that makes any illegal alien an instant citizen by marriage. He advised me get a ITTN number to pay taxes, and to file the petition for citizenship even though it came back as declined. I have consulted many, and many more different lawyers trying to find a loop hole that would help me provide more income to my family in a legal way, I know many stereotype us as CRIMINALS. But trust me, I have been here on the states for about 10 years. Only trying to live a decent and proper life, but many don't undestand that since we don't have socials, driver licences, insurances, or the option for fair cost on higher education. Society pushes us to look for other ways to survive. Since I don't have a social security number yet. I fix tv's do people's lawn, I provide my handy services in order to make a couple of bucks to provide to my US born wife and child. I speak Spanish, fluent English, Italian, German, Languages I learned on college since my dream was to finish my business career and work in Europe. I'm writing this because I'm desperate. More than a question, I have made a statement. I'm not looking for your pity, I'm just simply asking, Is it fair, to be in between the gap that separates you from a regular citizen than a criminal. I can't blame my parents for wanting a better life for me.I have been paying my taxes for almost 5years, with out getting any returns. I have been working as a handyman all this time, I don't use any welfare, or benefits from the state, once in a while I use the food shelters and salvation army, Please only respond if you have a honest comment. That would help me, suggest any solution that you might think it would help me.Thanks

teeewalk

Undocumented alien, still on process of legalization by marriage (4years waiting)?

Take your family to Europe. Get an education there. It's cheaper than the US anyway. In Switzerland non resident tuition is about $2000/semester. You speak a lot of languages, you could find a job in a tourist area as a translator or tour guide, or even selling souvenirs. Sorry it's kind of a crappy suggestion but it's what I would do.

Teegan

It's no stereotype, you are a criminal. You are a racist illegal alien messicon border criminal. DEPORTATION NOW is the answer for you. Yes respecting the law is fair. If you don't like Americans laws go the hell back to that third world shiit hole messico. Come to think of it you should go back to messico even if you do respect Americas laws. DEPORTATION NOW is what should happen to you. and your brother. SO what exactly is your address?

Phillies2k8

Go HOME! GET OUT!

!Catherineee.

There are no loopholes.You are here against our immigration laws,doesn't matter what the reason is. You have chosen to remain here illegally as an adult. Your only option is to return to your home country and start the process from there. You will likely face a 10 year ban on returning because of your decision to stay here illegally. If you get deported,you will definitely face a 10 year ban.Yes,it is fair. We have laws that we expect people to follow. When the law is broken,you must face the consequences. I feel no pity for those who chose to break the law.I'm sorry,but those are the immigration laws of our country. Getting married and having children here will not help your situation.It isn't our countries fault that you haven't been able to get a SS#,a drivers license,insurance or a fair cost on higher education..it is yours. When you enter the country illegally,the better life you are seeking comes with a price,that is what parents do not understand when they put their children in this situation.

!!!!!

" I came here with my family for a better option of life. " The first flaw in your concept/thinking is that is was an acceptable "option". It is not nor is it a legal option. You made your bed, now deal with it. You sound like you have taken education very seriously and speak english well, but the options you participated in, only further limited your life options or the time frame you expect/hope for.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information