Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tee17

i NEED HELP and advice PLEASE ! - Does it sound like i have OCD or ADHD?

You would be surprised at what a good 2 to 3 mile a day walk can cure.I had 90% of your symptoms. They went away.I now feel like a normal person again after making sure I left myself with no time to think. Your body will produce what your brain needs but only with exercise and fresh air. I'm no Dr, I'm just telling you what worked for me.

Phill L

I think you have ADD - I'd mention this to your doctor and psychiatrist so that if you are you can be diagnosed and... try to play active sports this will help burn excess energy. Tennis, running, swimming are all good low-injury risk sports.xxx

!!amanday trick!!

i would talk to a doctor only because some people on yahoo have no idea what there talking about. haha

teebone35

ADHD definitely but probably a couple other things.

Phillies2k8

Don"t mean to be religiost because thats what every body says when somebody mentions God, but what ever happened to pure faith in the healing power of Jesus Christ his word is written to be quoted in times of sickness All he ask is that you beleive and call his name Jesus and no matter what sickness he will heal and cure period point blank. Now im not trying to convert any body to christianity but i dare you to beleive him for healing and he will be on time rather through process healing or by way of miracle just try Doctor Jesus. Thank God for all the doctors and physicians to.

!!!!!

ur crazy lol

Philips

Sounds to me like much of what you describe is symptoms of your borderline personality disorder, and PTSD. BPD would explain the varying, disassociated feelings, impulsivenes, difficulty in concentrating and "spacy" feelings. PTSD would explain the anxiety, anger and fear.I would say you definitely do not have OCD. People with OCD have just the opposite, that is, it is extremely easy to focus and concentrate on things, so much that it becomes an obsession. You say you have difficulty with organization - organization is second nature for someone with OCD. They do things like, always put things away in an exactly the same, precise manner, even silly things that dont really matter, such as organizing the pens in your desk drawer to make sure the blue ones are always to the left of the black ones, and that there's the same number of each. People with OCD will do silly things like count how many times they run a comb or brush through their hair, and always do the same number, or walk through their house a dozen times before they leave, repeatedly checking that everything that could cause a problem is turned off, like the stove or oven or curling iron, or whatever, even if they haven't used any of those things recently. Did you ever see the movie "Sleeping With the Enemy", where the husband always wants all the cans of food in the cupboard to be in organized rows, with the labels all facing forward, and the towels always had to be hanging perfectly even, not rumpled up at all? Thats OCD.I had a boyfriend once with OCD, and he had probably a dozen different notebooks around the house for organizing his thoughts. Each notebook was for a different area of concentration such as , one for his workshop/tool shed, one for his vehicles, one for his kitchen, one for his phone, one for his computer, one for his errands and "things to do", one for the TV, etc. Now at first this may sound normal, but it really wasnt. Each notebook was a different color, and had to have a pen to match. If the notebook was put in the wrong place, it would drive him crazy. He kept post-it notes with corresponding colors in organized rows on the walls in those areas, all as if he would forget something crucial if any of this was out of place. And the things he would write down were more often than not, things that weren't all that big of a deal.I'd say it's hard to tell if you have ADHD or not. Your inability to concentrate and forgetfulness may be symptoms of ADHD. But those are also symptoms of BPD. ADHD only becomes a problem if it is adversely affecting your life, such as you are surfing the internet for information about new movies coming out, instead of getting ready for school or work. Your shrink may or may not be right about you not having ADHD. Doctors sometimes miss things. The best thing you can do is just be honest with him or her about what you're going though. They can only help you with the things you allow them to know about yourself.It sounds to me that you need something to do to distract yourself from your obsessive thoughts. When you start to feel lousy, do something that you enjoy, like listening to your favorite movie, playing a computer or video game, reading a magazine you like, do one of your hobbies, whatever it is you like to do that makes you happy. Just push the little obsessive "bad thought" demons away and dont give them the privelidge of roaming around in your head. Whatever you focus on in your head, you create more of. If you focus on how bad it is, you only create more of how bad it is. If you instead focus on things that are going good for you, you draw more good things into your life.One of the easiest ways to teach yourself to think positive is to develop an "attitude of gratitude". Think of things in your life you have to be thankful for. This may be something as simple as saying "Thank you God (or whoever you believe in, or not) for my legs that work" as soon as your feet touch the floor in the morning. "Thank you for my eyes that can see" when you look at yourself in the mirror. "Thank you for this breakfast I'm eating". This really does work if you look at what you DO have instead of what you DONT have, and things begin to change.Below I've posted a link to a web page I think would do you some good to check out. It's about a documentary video (also a book) called The Secret, which teaches how you can make anything you ever want come into your life, no matter how big or out of reach it may seem. I saw it with some friends 2 years ago, and I"ve never looked at things the same way since.Good luck, I hope this helps.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information