Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    !!TWILIGHT!!

Atheists, Question About Evolution & Origins of Life?

If a new species can occur by means of a designer, how can we automatically rule out the possibility of a designer creating life on Earth in the first place?How could we assume a designer did not create all life forms, and write within the genetic code for the ability of life to adapt and change over time? Here are a few undisputed facts below:1. New forms of life have been created by an intelligent designer in a lab. This has been observed in nature and is scientifically testable. New developments/life/speciation has happened WITHOUT the evolution/natural selection process. (Fact-scientists creating new species/life by altering genes and creating new genetic codes).2. Therefore, not all forms of life or new species must come only from the means of evolution/natural selection. They can also come from an intelligent designer pre-designing a genetic code.3. No one currently alive witnessed how life began on Earth, therefore everything is based only on evidence/assumptions.4. Therefore, Intelligent Design on Earth is a possible and logical alternative to evolution for the explanation of how life could have started, since it has been observed.5. Intelligent design is even more testable than evolution itself, since a design could be created right now, and "true" evolution must be observed over millions of years.Do you see my point? Do you agree or disagree that it is at least Possible? Should schools be objectionable in teaching the origins of life?I don't think RELIGION should be taught in school. But to be a true education, should intelligent design at least been mentioned?After all, science clearly has observed that new species and life can originate by means of Intelligent design.EDIT: here is the link:http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299857,00.htmlNot only that, but if you aren't aware that science has been creating new species of plants, ears on rats backs, and all other genetic miracles, where have you beel lol (just kidding).--------------------------Remember, I never said it was "God." I just said an intelligent designer.-----------------------------There is evidence for it, since science itself can do this process right now.--------------------------To the person suggesting science doing this in a lab=evolution:Evolution is about things adapting to the environment, natural selection, etc.It is NOT about an intelligent designer coding genes. Unless you are creating a new meaning or something?Edit: Elliot, thanks for answering this question as well.I have been studying evolution/ID for a while now. I am no troll, I really like to hear what you have to say.Don't you agree that if science can do this in a lab, it is at least possible?I make no mention of a God or anything else at all. How or who isn't addressed.

Teej

Everything is possible - the keyword is probability.

teeewalk

Present your evidence for a supernatural designer, and we'll talk.

TeeJo

Sure you could hypothesize this scenario, but you are merely pulling God out of a hat. I could say that a Giant Turtle started all life on earth just as easily.The point is that no concept of God belongs in a science class---it belongs in a religion class or Sunday school.

teeewalk

ID isn't science. No matter how you slice it. There is a basic scientific method and ID doesn't fit in. I don't know how to put it simpler than that.

philjr

The Flying Spaghetti Monster created all life, don't you know this?

Teeegie

How can we automatically rule out the possibility of a designer doesn't have a designer?

teelo13

You can't automatically rule it out. But there isn't a shred of evidence that's what happened. See that doesn't equal evidence that is what happened. I can't automatically rule out the leprechauns made it all either.If you think it may have happened that way, you are welcome to try to prove it. But right now it would be a totally redundant mechanism. The fossil record is quite clear that life started out simpler, and became more complex of long periods of time just as evolution predicted.And so you know...we have observed evolution to the point of speciation numerous times.

!Andy!

"1. New forms of life have been created by an intelligent designer in a lab. This has been observed in nature and is scientifically testable. New developments/life/speciation has happened WITHOUT the evolution/natural selection process. (Fact-scientists creating new species/life by altering genes and creating new genetic codes)."Wouldn't altering the genes be evolution? Didn't the genes they altered get "selected"? Doesn't evolution predict that new species will arise by the mutation, selection, copying, etc of genes? Haven't these scientists simply accelerated evolution in a lab?What are these testable predictions ID makes? Evolution makes thousands, which have all turned out to be accurate when tested. ID has made ZERO testable predictions. The hypotheses put forward by ID proponents have ALL been shown to be invalid.

!Andy!

You need to go read the definition of entropy, then get back to us.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information