I recently replaced my hifonics amplifier (600 wats) to a soundstream (300 wats). my hifonics was working for a year and then died. its been powering 4 alpine type s's in my doors and has been working great. b4 that amp went, one of my door speaker tweeters blew, i fixed it but broke the metal clips to hold the wire to the speaker magnet (the metal piece that folds over the wire). i clipped on a metal piece that holds the wire to the magnet now taking place of the broken one. when i drove after words, the amp went into protection mode but came back on. protection mode became more and more until it was always on protection mode. i tried to turn the amp on with all the speakers unplugged and it was still shot. Realizing it was dead, i bought an new one along with four tweeters. having half the wattage power, i figured i would be safe. i have the amp turned down very low and wenever i turn my radio up, the new amp gets extremely hot and the enters protection. is my bad speaker still messing up my amp? or is the wiring to it bad? my ground wire is fine and every other connection is just as good as wen i had the old amp. ever since i touched that speaker, things went wrong. but is that possible? help! i just bought that amp =[