Hello, I just got a Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 mini pro. I had a very old phone before so i am not very familiar with all these apps and features on this Sony phone.

The first day I was able to use the internet through Wi-Fi ( I think... ). I stop using the next day because I was afraid of paying for all the data because I don't have a data plan.

Since I don't have a data plan, I was told I would not get charge for using internet through Wi-Fi. I read some where that for safety, I can call my cell phone company and disable the data completely so I didn't accidentally use any data and get charge for it.

Now, here's the problem. After calling in the company to disable any data service, I cannot connect to internet. I didn't change any settings. There are only three network name under "Wi-Fi network" I saw the name of my home network. So I punch in the WEP key. The status of the connection is "Fair"

I try to Google something to test the internet and I get this message " Data connectivity problem --- The server failed to communicate. Try again later."

The icon on the top of the phone with the "E" appeared with the up and down arrow going on and off.

PS: On my phone under

setting> Wi-Fi >>>checked.
mobile network> the data traffic>>>>> checked.

Was I wrong to call the company to disable the data completely. I don't get it, was I using Wi-Fi before I did this?

I thought Wi Fi are free!

I need help.