I am a mid twenties female who is just finishing up an honors degree. My partner is also a student fishing up a degree. We have been together for a bit longer than a year. Our relationship has been some what turbulent (near the beginning) but is much more clam now.

It seemed like one day almost out of the blue I was struck with "baby fever", I have a very strong desire to have a child. It is so strong I cannot go around my friends with small children without wanting to cry out of grief for not having children of my own.

I have asked my partner if we could try for a child once we are done university (in just a few months) but he said no, he is not read for a family and will not be for at least another couple years, 3plus...

Furthermore he said that being financially viable is much more important to him than a family and he is willing to wait as long as that takes before starting one.

I am so confused and not sure what to do. I honestly cannot imagine having a family with anyone but him. Yet I cannot imagine another three plus years of feeling like something so big is missing from my life. Another three years of cry at the sight of baby clothes or not being ale to attended friends baby showers due to longing for my own child.