I have always lived within 10 minutes of my hometown my entire life. I'm 22 and I'm going to graduate this spring, and then get my masters at the same college. I LOVE the program and have made friends with the teachers. I love being near my parents, they are my best friends, and I enjoy being around them. My boyfriend who I am probably going to marry is here too, and my best friend. I live in the beautiful wine country, and there is gorgeous nature and the ocean nearby. I have traveled to New Zealand , jamaica, and several other places for vacations, but everyone tells me I need to "uproot" "take a risk" "get away" etc etc. Many people are blown away that I'm doing the masters program at the same college I am graduating from. Why is this? Most of my friends went to LA and their lives don't seem any more or less fulfilling than mine. I hate listening to others' opinions, but it starts to get to me after hearing it over and over. I wouldn't even know where to go, there is no place that strongly pulls me. Does anyone else experience this?
thanks a lot a**hole. and moving somewhere besides your hometown doesn't automatically make you interesting lol. i would never go to Chicago, I have visited, and found it quite unsavory.