I've always thought I was fairly good at this kind of stuff, but I'm about to cut a section of hose for my tailpipe, errrrrr pull my hair out at the least! I got a cheap new stereo at the flea market, as well as a used Kicker Amp (the guy swears it works, ummmm, well anyway) Some decent speakers at W mart, and it's a total disaster. It seems to play fine down low, but when I turn it up it sounds like crap! static sounding and just a mess. In the beginning it sounded pretty good, but that didn't last long. Lately it's been all bad and getting worse. It's got a good ground. The Kicker is 4 channel, the stereo 2. Possible problem is that where the power hooks up to the amp, the screw clamp thingy is shot and won't open. So I've got the power hooked to it via alligator clip! Yeah, I know, Brilliant. The Kicker has two sides, amp 1 and amp 2! I've got it hooked to amp 1, which must be the front(does that even make sense?) anyway when I fade the stereo to the rear, no sound at all. When I fade it to the front, all 4 play. Front two speakers are hooked to the front speaker wires from the radio. RCA Jacks to the Amp for the rear. The front speakers seem to be just fine. Furtherfreaking more when I hook the rear speakers to Amp 2 and try that, there is a bad sounding whine and I quickly pull the plug on that, so back they go to amp 1.
I've got issues here guys, and honestly, I've spent so much time on it trying to figure it out with not one bit of improvement, I'm ready to just drive the car down a boat ramp. Short of telling me doing this on the cheap is my problem,(If I had the money to do it right, I would, It's tight right now) does anyone have any ideas? could the rca wires be bad, the amp? Why does amp 2 do like it does? Help, I'd be very appreciative of anyone who spends their time trying to help this poor soul!!!!!!

Sincerely

J.D.