I'm a freshman in college, but seem to be getting left out in college. Everyone around me seems to be having the time of their lives by getting drunk and going to insane parties. Unfortunately for me, i seem to not be able to do any of this. Honestly i do not care to really go get drunk, but i do want to go party and have more fun! I want to have fun, meet more people (especially girls), and get a full college experience unlike the one i have been experiencing so far where i hang with friends but have not really made any close friends, met any girls, or do anything more than what i did in high school. I would join a fraternity but I really don't have the money and don't really care to be known as a "tool"(by the way 25% of my school is in the greek life). I just want to meet more people, make more friends, and have a good time in college. The problem is that i'm extremely shy. I never seem to be able to get the opportunities that everyone else is getting....i've never met my true love, made easy friends, or been put in a situation where i'm given the opportunity to really meet people. I just want to have good friends that want to do what i want to do or something lol idk. Any recommendations on how i can have more fun and a better college experience? Because so far it's sucks and i've always been told college is where you find your true self...but i don't think anythings changed and am kinda depressed on how college has turned out compared to what i thought it would be...