Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

I think my cat is sick but my vet disagrees?

Took my 10yr old cat to the vet three days ago. He was pooping outside the litter box. Vet said he couldn't find anything wrong, even with a fecal sample, but gave us medicine for colinitis. Cat would not take the medicine at the vets. He freaked out, salivated and threw it up. So the vet gave me a pill instead. same reaction. He immediately threw it up. So we had to stop giving it to him. He hasn't been eating and he's been laying around, randomly growling. Today he started vomiting. First for no reason. Got him to eat a little bit of wet food and then some pureed pumpkin. He ate a little more later on and then threw up again right after eating. He threw up once more before going upstairs and laying on the bed.
    The vomit has turned into white foamy bile. The Vet still doesn't seem concerned and said to give him a few more days.
    He's never behaved this way and I'm worried. Vet says he'll be fine probably just stress.
    Vet says its stress because I've just recently become pregnant (10wks) and we've been moving furniture around and cleaning and getting rid of furniture in the house. Vet says the cat might think we are moving and is stressing out.

Honestly, I'm at my wits end. I'm worried to death. I've had him for 10 years. The Vet didn't even do blood work or anything.

He said if it persisted (for a week!) that we could bring him back in.

I'm concerned about dehydration amongst other complications. Is there anything I can do? Or should I just do nothing like the vet says????

My husband and I are very distraught and any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    taking him to a second vet is not a viable option right now as we don't have the funding. The vet charged us 100 for the last visit. we just don't have it so we will have to wait. I just didn't know if anyone else has had something similar happen.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would definitely take him to another vet. Even if the cat is just really stressed out maybe another vet will understand your concern and offer some advice or maybe some calming pills. Hope your cat isn't sick.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information