Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    !!Jack!!

Only 4 in 10 Americans believe in evolution?

Considering the fact that NEITHER side can prove it in total...I think it is honestly irrelevant. The present education system seems to feel that a higher percentage of people accepting a certain theory equals its absolute truth...it does not. People felt at one time the world was flat and it was accepted as truth by educators of the highest degree. This is why science is theory...until you know it all, you only have speculation and ideas.The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing-SocratesTry Philosophy first...*Theory: idea formed by speculation*Speculation: a conclusion, theory, or opinion based on incomplete facts or information *Belief: acceptance by the mind that something is true or real.

philipxxxx

Your question is an epic failEvolution no matter how much it's been said, is still in fact a theory I'm catholic, and I believe in limited adaptationFirst you convince me how the fuck a t Rex became a chicken today?Or how we evolved from primates, but monkeys are still running aroundAnyways your question is an epic fail because it's all about personal beliefAnd another thing don't compare gravity to evolutionGravity is a thing that has been proven and we experience in everydayThink before you talk because you comparison is completely asinineGo masturbate to an obama poster while I laugh at his failed stimulus planFunny you say gravity is a theory is bullshitBecause it's been provenEvolution has been presented with evidenceNot provenAs well as religion, but it is still personal beliefBefore you say shit absorb this with your overly educated mindThis comes back to the monkey argumentIf adaptation was so much proven like you said, why are the monkeys still around yet to "adapt" to our environmentYet we somehow magically adapted in some way as science saysGo talk to a monkey about evolution so he can throw feces at youIf evolution was true, narrow minded liberals like you persuaded by NBC CBS and your Obama loving teachers wouldn't be aroundSo how'd that coming from a 16 year old living in Texas?Looks like you certaintly haven't "evolved" one bitOnce again, disproving evolution

!*RaWr*!

Millions of Americans are stupid. Yes, there should be a complete overhaul of the education system. Idiotic ideas like global warming denial and "intelligent design" have no place in an advanced society.

!!**Obama is our Prez**!!

Well, I'm one of the 10 that does not believe in evolution. And took an Anthropology course in college because I found it interesting. But challenged my Professor all the time on many things.

!*!SMOKE fan!*!

It's sad to see that supposed smart people believe in the theory of evolution. But it just goes to show how scientists are sheep, following a belief that is ALSO a religion, evolution. Hey, it takes more faith to believe all that, than it does to believe God created it all.

!!amy nicole!!

This is yet another example of America trailing other industrialized nations in education. It does not shock me. It recently came out that more people age 60-64 have college degrees than those age 25-29. That is sad, we are going backward.

PhilistineTheArtLover

do you really believe in evolution or just adaptation. Most people including Darwin himself believed in adaptation not some crazy complete overhaul of a species into another. Darwin's belief was twisted by you guessed it the politicians of his time to say what it does now. By his death he didn't even believe what everyone was saying he taught. I believe in Creationism as i am a Christian. But i believe God created us to be able to adapt to our situation.

teedle

It's a black eye for the USA. They're not just laughing at us in Europe, they're laughing in Asia as well. I have traveled in Japan and they find it very amusing that there are actually people in the US who believe in creationism. I taught English there, and had many students who were doctors and scientists, and they would ask about that kind of stuff.

!@#$%^&*()

well... I'm not saying those numbers are great... but what do other nations say? I have no idea... but just because you score poorly, it doesn't mean everyone scored better... sometimes everyone fails a test...

Phill L

America is starting to become a Christian version of Saudi Arabia.If America doesn't become a civilized secular democracy with freedoms and civil liberties then Western Europe, China, and East Asia will leave us in the dust and the US will be considered a 3rd world country. Haven't the Bush years tought us that Religious Nutbags will only move America back to the 1800s? It's good that Obama isn't a dumb Redneck like Bush or an Evil Genius like Cheney.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information