Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Teekno

Only 4 in 10 Americans believe in evolution?

What does this say about the nation?http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/lvtmmfl19eqfl0cpgxojzw.gifThe gallup poll shows that those who are more educated, are much less likely to believe in creation and much more likely to believe in evolution.Does this mean that the public education system in the US is failing? Especially since evangelicalism (Christian fundamentalism) in the US has increased by 6% in the past 8 years?http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/8lq5cexcd0gqh3ld9p6q9q.gifThose with only a high school education are more likely to not even know what scientific theory is associated with Darwin.Do you think the US needs to overhaul its public education system? The rest of the western world is becoming more secular/non-religious while the US is becoming more religious.How can you say that creation (which is the belief that a God created people 6000 years ago) has nothing to do with religion?Gravity is also just a theory.Evolution has mountains worth of evidence. Saying it's untrue just because it's a "theory" is asinine.Practicial Trig Help 101: http://www.gallup.com/poll/114544/Darwin-Birthday-Believe-Evolution.aspxHow do you not know about Gallup? It has been around for well over 50 years."do you really believe in evolution or just adaptation. Most people including Darwin himself believed in adaptation not some crazy complete overhaul of a species into another. Darwin's belief was twisted by you guessed it the politicians of his time to say what it does now. By his death he didn't even believe what everyone was saying he taught. I believe in Creationism as i am a Christian. But i believe God created us to be able to adapt to our situation."Buddy, you have no idea what you're talking about. Darwin didn't believe in evolution? What a joke. You should only answer a question if you know what you're talking about."ow could you actually say that the government has been taken over by religious people when the country was founded by religious people. If anything the country has been moving away from the morals the church has set forth for us to live by. Call me biased but i see how much better things are now (said sarcastically)."Most of the founding fathers were Deists, not Christians. John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin are the more well known ones.The US was not originally a "Christian" nation. The US didn't become a "Christian" nation until the late 19th century.

teelo13

What is evolution?

!!!

There's nothing with religion that has to do with anything. It's just personal choice.----------------It's a matter of education. Anyone with a proper education will learn the truths of evolution.The amazement that education can provide.

!*Britbrat*!

It really has nothing to do with education. Educated people sometimes won't believe in something because they haven't been convinced Before you can even argue your cause, I'd like to see who were the people interviewed, where the estimate came from and how many were used in the survey High School or LessYes 21%No 27%N/A 57%Some CollegeYes 41%No 29%N/A 30%College GradYes 53%No 22%N/A 26%

Teegan

Since 6 in 10 Americans are mouth-breathers, I'm not surprised.

!!LOLLYPOP!!

who cares! i have bigger problems to deal with.

tee2

It means only 6 out of every 10 Americans have common sense.4 out of 10 believe that common sense can be taught to them, it can't be.Btw, why do you assume that all creationists believe in a 6,000 year old earth and base their belief in creationism on religion?

!!LOLLYPOP!!

Churches have a strong hold on America. Most people are brainwashed from birth to believe in a higher being then set up so that church is a major social function in their lives. Bound by the belief in faith they are willing to over look the obvious in order to maintain their social standing in the church.

tee2

this is an exaggerated example, but yes the american school system is failing, but what can you expect, it has been incredibly under-funded.

teebeex3

What do I think.--Religious Fundamentalists have taken over the country as our leaders. --example Bush, NeoCons --Times of peril, like recessions, wars, people will probably turn to religion for spiritual guidance.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information