Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    !*!SMOKE fan!*!

Is my 3.52 UGPA too low for NYU Law School?

What score should I realistically aim for when taking the LSAT to get me into this school (I was aiming for a 170)? I'm a woman, african-american, and I graduated from Boston University with a double degree in classical piano and music education.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.P.S This is my gpa according to the LSAC GPA Calculator...Should I aim for Top 30 schools then?

Philladelphia

yes. i think it's safe to say that the entire Y!A community is very, very disappointed. way to go. we thought you would be different.

teelo13

3.5 is a ok score but i think their lookin for 3.8 and higher

Philladelphia

i dont know what they require but it sounds pretty good to melol i dont meant to brag but i have 3.98 lol

Teedge

Probably. Competition for NYU is already extreme. Being that you are trying to get into their law school, which is even more competitive, it is probably low compared to other applicants. Good luck.

phill.serb

Wow! I wouls say that is very impressive. I would accept you to NYU Law If I was head of admissions.But i guess if you really want to get in, I would up the GPA .25 and aim for a 185 on your LSATS.just to look even more impressive.

!Bella!

that is way too low! better get your law degree in some other country like bangladesh or haiti or ethiopia where your score is considered off the charts there

Philip V

So, you want to be a lawyaa. You couldn't do any worse than the knucklehead lawyers that now run this country. Go ahead. We have a lawyaa president now and you can't even find out his grades. It's a secret.

!!Jack!!

Depends how you score on your LSAT. It's a combination of things really -- including the interviews. Don't sweat the GPA -- it's actually pretty good, so you should be fine. Classical Piano/Music might hurt you a bit, Boston U will help and being african-american might help as well. Many law schools are looking for diversity -- so music might help too? It all depends...it's a crap shoot really. If I were you I'd apply to a few options -- and if you don't get it, it's not the end of the world -- try try try again. I'd go talk to some advisers too...maybe the dean and introduce yourself? Set yourself apart from the crowd somehow -- but don't be too forceful (if that makes sense?).

TeeHee

No 3.52 is too low

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information