Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    teekay

Each night I go to bed crying wanting to join the army I always think about how muscled up I would look and?

how when I get out everyone respects me. My parents want me to continue my education. I almost have my Bachelors in Social work daddy's dream. I am 6 1/2 months away from it. My name gets in the paper on presidents honor role and he said he's so proud. I've discussed with him the military and he said that he would disown me if I joined my mother goes along with him. I feel like I will never be the muscled up women who is a machine made from the military here in civilian life. I feel like civilian life is boring just waiting to get old day in day out at the same boring office job waiting to decay. I like jobs were I stand on my feet an am active. What is your advice? Did you feel this way before you joined? I am young Im 21. What would you do in my shoes? I told my father after I get my degree I will never use it in the field I got it in. He said you'll change your mind, but I hate all office jobs. Whats your opinion? Did you ever face this in your life, and what do you think I should do to be the women I always wanted to be muscled up and respected by the public?

!BASH!

Each night I go to bed crying wanting to join the army I always think about how muscled up I would look and?

you dont have to be in the military to be muscled up just join a gym and if you are serious about the military join it let him disown u if u dont and u let ur parents control u for the rest of ur life ull regret that for as long as u live have fun in life because u only get one

philipxxxx

You are a fool, if you think being screamed at, bastardized, ridiculed and treated like a second rate citizen. And that is just basic training. Four months later being shot at and blown up by IEDs.Then after a year or more likely two, you get repatriated if, and I mean if you come home with all your limbs and eyes, to be treated like the murderous bastard that you have become? Listen to your father.

TeeJay

If you go to bed crying, you are not emotionally stable enough for the army. If you want to get muscled up, spend a few hours a week in the gym. Most of the army involves supply, personell, payroll, medical care, administration, transportation, etc. You have a better chance of changing your physique on your own.

tee17

I would say that if that is something you really want to do, the go for it, i think parents say that to scare you or drift you away from your goals, but eventually they will accept it, they might just let it go...besides you stated it yourself... the bachelor's degree in social work is YOUR FATHER'S DREAM not yours... try showing them the good side of the army if they are worried about what's currently going on. I haven't joined myself but i want to join the USMC even though my parents and family doesn't want me to....if my parents did that to me, i would just be like "screw it" and join...that would give me another reason to excel at what I want to do, and do things you want to do before it is too late and you regret it for the rest of your life.

Teekno

ok first let me say this in the style that your writing this you sound like while you may be 21 on the outside you might still be 10 on the inside and only care about pleasing your parentsnow here is what you do JOIN IF YOU WANT TO don't worry about what your family thinks i've got friends who won't step a toe out of bounds on where their parents want them to go meanwhile i'm going straight against what they want because its what i wanti chose to join the USMC because i knew what could happen but kept seeing the good out weigh the badand if you think that your parents will disown you and cut you off while the military may not be the best paying you won't have to worry about some of your old student loans, you can leave your old house and get a barracks/on base house and live for little if anythingin the long run it doesn't matter what you do some how some way your parents will get pissed off at you and their is nothing you can do to stop it so take the chance that you want to take and join, but if you keep thinking that your parents will be "disappointed" still and your worried about that stay awayand the final thing is that not all of the public respects uslook up: CODEpink, Westboro Baptist Church, hippies,...

philipscown

do what you want to do if this really is your dream your parents will understand if they truly love you

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information