Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    !!CRAZY!!

Can Someone Please Clarify The Use Of The FAFSA?

I know what it is and what it does. I applied for a pin like months ago but does my mom have to apply for one as well (i am 18 now)? How long does it normally take to get the pin and apply for the FAFSA? Mom won't really support me about it. My grandpa is wealthy and has been paying into my education account since I was born so she is acting like we do not need it. I just figure if I can save money either way it will be good.

philipxxxx

Can Someone Please Clarify The Use Of The FAFSA?

Steve-The FAFSA determines two things1.eligibility for pell grant2. Student Loanspell grant is government funded money that is not repaid if you qualify.This is income based. Since you are a dependent(under 24, not married, no kids) this will be based off of your parents 07/08 tax information.Any one can use student loans, they are not credit or income based. Since you are a dependent your parents would have to do a parent plus loan, and they would need a pin. When you request a pin from www.pin.ed.gov then you can request to have it sent to your email, usually only takes 24 hours. Since your grandfather is willing to help you pay for your educaiton you can file your FAFSA with your parents help, deny student loans and only see if you are eligible for pell grant.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information