Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    !##!TestBreak!##!

Why is it that they made Black history month the shortest month of the year?

The remembrance originated in 1926 by historian Carter G. Woodson as "Negro History Week". Woodson chose the second week of February because it marked the birthdays of two Americans who greatly influenced the lives and social condition of African Americans: former President Abraham Lincoln and abolitionist and former slave Frederick Douglass.Note: how strange that the Spanish word for black is replaced by asterisks.

!Miette,

Yes I have been in many different kinds of situations where I almost lost my life. An example of one of those situations is when we and my brother were walking in a woods. There was this red truck that followed us on the trail, we then turned around and walked toward the truck. The truck then got stuck into the sand and the people in the truck were cussing at us and saying they were going to kill us. Next, we ran and ran from them but they followed and kept saying, "when we get you we are going to kill you!" Finally, we hid behind a bush and eventually they left because they could not find us. It was a pretty scary experience.But by the grace of god they got stuck in time for us to run. If that did not happen we would have walked up to them and most likely would have been killed. Nobody should ever believe that they have years and years to live because anything can happen.Huh, what happened? Anybody who sees the answer here please realize that I was trying to answer another question and for some very odd reason, my question was posted here. Sorry about that. I am having problems with a virus that could be the reason for why this has happened.

!*Y U!*

In 1926, Carter G. Woodson, a black man who's a noted historian, began Negro History Week in February. He chose February because both abolitionist Fredrick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln, two men he considered important in blacks' lives, were born in February. The celebration was later extended to one month.

!MOVE! OUT MY WAY

We have it good, hispanics only get a week. I mean asians do get the whole month of may but still be grateful, Black history month used to be black history week. Stop complaining.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information