Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    !!LOLLYPOP!!

Do Muslims accept words of thanks?

I want to thank the people in the forum who have helped me while I have been having an emotionally difficult period. I was not raised religious, I was not taught as a child over and over again that Allah loves me. Neither of my parents (because of issues in their childhoods) said I love you to me and they did not hug me or give affection. The list goes on of the history of rejection and isolation I have experienced in life for being an intersex person (born with disorders of sexual development, do some research if you don't know what that means) and other reasons. There has been trauma, lots of trauma.I have an anxiety disorder and a stress disorder and sometimes I have panic attacks. Some people slam me and attack me when this happens, I guess because they don't know what the truth of the matter is.But others of you as I have reached out to you for help have been loving and kind and supportive. It helps to hear positive affirmations over and over again, so thank you those who helped and who kept saying to trust Allah and other such things and that Allah will deliver happiness to me if I don't give up.It is hard to wait for this without feeling sad, so I appreciate the help that has been given.Is that okay to say all that? Is it okay for Muslims to thank one another and to accept gratitude?

!Radioactive Waste?

Of course it's okay!Your quite welcome Mister.Ma brutha from another motha :P

!SweEt_reVengE! &

=] yes it is very much okay ^_^

#1 dUe DeC 16

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!![[[[LOL]]]]

!Q!

No idea if I fall into your thank-you list, but its nice to see you feeling a bit better. Allah says not to despair, so please don't. :-)

!Slayer_Rules!!

Brother, I accept your words of thanks...you opened up your gratitude to all of us here, and what can we do but accept such heartwarming thank you?When the others slam you, take no heed of them. Turn to Allah (swt) since He is and always will be your friend. You can turn to us here, since there are many brothers and sisters on the forum who have an excellent judge of moral character and are willing to extend a hand.(figuratively of course =P--unless technology advanced so fast that we can even pass food to one another through the screens.)Keep making du'a to Allah and always have your faith in our Creator, Most Compassionate and Most Merciful. To Allah we turn in times of pain for comfort, and to Allah we turn to in times of happiness for gratitude.You have my dua's Bro...take care =D

!HaNg TeN!8)

I've always wanted to be supportive to you and help give you positive support. I can't say I know anything about what you have endured but I can say I whole heartedly have wished for your success in mind, body, and spirit. It's difficult having a disability. Sometimes the disability is more an obstacle for oneself then it is for all others around him/her. You have come a long way and this is only the beginning of happiness. Positive thinking and being able to identify that you were at a low point makes this a grand moment for yourself. You must have had an epiphany and know now the direction you need to take in your life to be satisfied. It's always nice to know others appreciate your efforts so I welcome your thanks even if they weren't for me.

##*ValterMrris

it is ok. i always thank sisters and brothers for everything they do for me or my family. if it wasn't for half of the people here i wouldn't be as enlightened as i would be now.

!!TWILIGHT!!

you're welcome..we will always be here for u...

!*Kazzle*!

Just remember this brother when you think of allah and pray to allah he will never leave you nor forget you.... Allah will be next to the people that always remember him.. P.s. You are my brother from onther mother always..salam alkum

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information