I'm an 18 year old guy and I'm pretty comfortable with talking to people, but approaching girls without anything to say is very tough for me. Today I was at the Diner with my friend and I saw these 2 really cute girls who I thought were looking at us and wanted to talk to, but I had no idea what to say. The same has happened to me at the mall, and sometimes it doesn't, but I'd like to be able to approach a girl and talk to her, but I really don't know what to say that won't make it awkward. I've really started gaining confidence and have had a lot more girls interested in me than I used to, so I think I could meet someone, but I really don't know how to approach someone at a restaurante or at the mall or at the grocery store without having something to say.

Are there any guys with some good advice who feel comfortable talking to and approaching girls? Are there any girls that can tell me how you would like to be approached, how you wouldn't, and what would/wouldn't make it awkward or catch your interest. All answers would be really helpful and greatly appreciated. Thanks!