When Shawn was younger, he was hit by a motorcyclist, who was proven to be under the influence. This has affected him in many ways. I didn't know how much it actually did affect him until awhile of being with him. He is perfectly normal until it comes to things, such as school.

1. He has been trying hard in school, but only ranks an 8 in the whole school. I have tried to help him study, but he doesn't always seem to get it. I still want to help, though.
2. He shares a class with this guy that I, unfortunately, used to like, & the guy is an ***hole. I am afraid of one of them starting a fight.
3. His dad was abusive and was never there for him, even during his head injury. He recently called Shawn & talked to him for the first time in years, and all he did was accuse him of throwing rocks at his girlfriend's car, which he didn't because I was with him.
4. His mom sleeps all day, and doesn't have a car, job, yells a lot, and basically lives off social security of Shawn and his brother, Damien.
5. Oh, and Damien was also hit by a car. He isn't exactly all there. He was hit around Halloween of 2010. He gets VERY angry, VERY easily. He breaks and throws things, and blames Shawn a lot for things that Shawn doesn't do. (He doesn't know any better.)
3. Recently, he found out that his "oh-so lovely" mother went to prison for shooting her ex-boyfriend in the leg.
4. His mom has had plenty of abusive boyfriends.
5. 3 of his mom's boyfriends were hit by trains right in front of her. 2 of them died right in her, and one is messed up for life.
6. She also did things, such as never give her kids a holiday, and for Christmas as a kid, she left out cookies and Scotch for Santa.
7. He has a very unhealthy past. Including, getting me to cry a lot, almost everyday for 9 and a half months. (We have been dating for 10.) He is very, very upset for having done that. The things he did were really bad, and no other girl would have stayed with him, but I knew he needed help.
8. He used to get into fits of anger himself, which don't happen anymore, and have not happened in awhile.
9. About a week and a half ago, a good friend of his passed away in his sleep, which was extremely sad.
10. His grandmother is in the hospital. According to the doctors, she probably is not going to be around for long either. She is the only family that Shawn has, the rest walked out on them, and were abusive, drunks, and drug addicts.

So... anything? I am also very stressed.