Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    hardcorenuissance

'05/'06 Lexus IS300/IS350. first car. help?

My dad has offered to get me either one of these cars if i get a 30 on my ACT. It is likely I will being near the top of my class.
    ANYWAY.

I love the styling of the '05 IS300 but it lacks horsepower and doesn't get the greatest MPGs.
    I read the speclist for the '06 IS350 and it has great hp and improved MPGs.

the '05 has an i6 engine.
    the '06 has a V6 engine.

I was planning on ripping out the interior for a complete remake

...but...
    could i put a V6 or V8 in the '05 IS300 and get the same hp/MPGs that the '06 does?
    also plan on tinting, adding custom rims, and putting in a new air filer and mufflers.
    any suggestions.
    comments and answers would be great
    also.
    I've asked my dad about the '10 chevy camaro.
    i'd want it fully loaded. but it's got a high price tag and the V8 offers (too much power for a first time driver) so i think the chevy's out. : (
    i don't plan on ripping out everything right when i get it. i plan on having this car for forever. upgrading anything it needs to keep running great. it'll all happen over time

Kim J
    I think you are dead on to be concerned about MPG as a priority. Recently when the gas prices went out of control I found myself having to limit even the simplest of journeys in my Lexus. I am so happy to ride around it again now because it is a great ride and oves a full tank of gas. But...gas it does use.

I'd recommend for a first car you tone it down on your plans to redo the entire vehicle. You really need some time to get used to car ownership.

In many cases, repair is way more costly when you have customized features. Parts and repair on a Lexus with custom features are a monster price tag to replace. I paid 2,000 to replace the windshield damaged by an acorn that dropped on it.

I understand that money may not be your issue, but I would still recommend that you get to know the car itself and you will find that some of the things you think are important now may not be top of the list when you're actually on the road.

Enjoy - and good luck with your test!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information