Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    #1 baby due 6/20/09

why isnt there a white history month?

There is white history month between january through December And you know that's true

!Smile! :)

thats a good question. black people were in american history so that cant be white history. in fact, black people were (and still are) everywhere. and white people were in white history so i cant really answer this questionjesus loves

!<3 2 @ct! hug~a~tree

well, because whites didn't go through anything significant. Blacks went through the whole slavery crisis and they got out of it with the help of other black people. I know whites had accomplishments, but we didn't really suffer through anything..right?

#1 Cards Fan?

there also isnt an asian history, an indian history...or whatever history month. i want to feel special too. its kinda racist....oh, blacks get a month...but only them. cuz...theyre black. JUST CUZ OF THAT?! dude, its just a skin color. im not trying to sound pissy though, hahahaha. maybe we should make ourselves look black and feel special along with the others...

!!eLLybeLLy!!

In time my friend in time.It is much as with the word slavery. It is a bastardization of the word slavic by the arab people. The arab people who held white slavic people as-yes you get it, slaves. Now who knew/knows that fact?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take Cultural Anthropology, if you really want to understand.On the cultural hierarchy ladder, white is at the top. All other cultures are being forced to assimilate... There is no white history month because white is what we're all working towards.This is from a general point of view.

!GimmeCandy!

idkthey should have a month or week for every race!

!<3 2 @ct! hug~a~tree

Because the black people would think we are racist! They are so unfair with things like that. ]=

!RoRoSoSweet!

For the same reasons there are not:White job quotasWhite pride paradesWhite watch parties when a white President is electedWhite people on the news saying how happy they are a white politician got electedA White television networkAs a race we are not allowed to express any pride in our history. To do so would offend too many people.Anyway here is a question for you since Black people in America are referred to as African-American, why aren't white people referred to as European-American?

!<3 2 @ct! hug~a~tree

Because black people are racist too. They think they deserve a month to celebrate themselves. So I just tell myself that every month minus February is white history month

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information