I'm having a bit (a lot really) of trouble with my english essay.
I understand the majority of the novel. However I am attempting to find more reasoning to answer this question.

The full question is "Kinbote demonstrates the lack of curiosity - his inattentiveness to anything irrelevant to his own obsessions (boys and his own glory) - of the self-preoccupied (Rorty). Because of this, the death of Hazel Shade is made more vivid by Kinbote's dismissal of it than in Shade's own remembrance. Discuss. Is Kinbote therefore right, in a horrible way, when he concludes his forward stating that Shade's poem lacks 'a reality that only [his] notes can provide'?

So far the only reasoning I have complied is that Shade is Athiest, however only concerned with the death of himself and his daughter, and the afterlife (the Maybe).

Whereas Kinbote is Anglican and believes in Heaven, and even is tempted by suicide to discover the afterlife(page 220). And it's stated by Nabokav that Kinbote commits suicide after publication.

Also, Kinbolt's absolute hatred towards women (and therefore perceivable indifference towards Hazel's appearance, which Shade is well aware of, and would be repulsed by if it was not his own daughter)

I have a start, but not enough material for a 1000-1500 word essay.