I am a junior in high school and I would like to get into the US Air force Academy. I completed the pre-candidate questionnaire during my sophomore year but I have not requested for a congressional nomination yet.
Am I supposed to contact my representative this year or my senior year? If I was supposed to apply for one this year than I'm way too late.

Is it difficult to get a nomination? How are my chances?

I'm not the smartest kid and it has been difficult for me to get any type of leadership role in school because I have moved around a lot. My first 2 years of high school I went to the worst school in my state and maintained a 4.0 gpa. I wrestled for 2 years, my sophomore year I was part of our schools very first robotics team and we made it to the national championships. Those are the only accomplishments I have achieved in my first half of high school.

I transferred to a different school this year in order to challenge myself academically, I have to work a lot harder but I can barely maintain a 3.5 gpa. I couldn't wrestle this year because of some kind of rule in our state that forced me to seat out of wrestling for one year. Its hard for me to show leadership, because I'm a nobody in my new school. I would have a hard time getting a letter of recommendation.

I got a low SAT score (around the 1600s) the first time I tested but I am retaking it and I have already begun studying. I am also going to take the ACT next month.

I have not done much in community service besides teaching little kids at my church and participating in a few other church ministries.

I have a deep desire to be the first one in my family to get into college and an even greater desire to serve my country, but that is all I have. I feel like have nothing to show for and I have very little support. What can I do in order to stand out from other kids who are "better" than me?