Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    !Miette,

Why should we have black history month??....Isn't every race included in the study of history?

History is history plain and simple.....Why should we pull one group aside and specifically study them? Isn't this racist???.....I mean come on, you don't see Asian history month.......

!enigmatic!

Why should we have black history month??....Isn't every race included in the study of history?

There IS Asian History month, and Latin as well.EDIT: Explain to me why this is thumbs downed, please, who ever did it. There is a Latin History month and there is an Asian History Month.

# 1 Top contributor

Umm, there is an Asian/Pacific Islander history month. I beleive it's in May.We have these history months to pay tribute to the minorities of this country. In school thee things aren't taught. There isn't enough time to cover ALL history. It's not racist. I like these things because it makes you more culturally aware and less ignoarant so you don't go around posting these questions.**Edit: I agree Chai Tea, so a thumb up for you.

#1 AJ

not really, we study more european and white American history in schools. We really only talk about minorities before the 1900's when white people are taking thier land or enslaving the.

#1 Briere Fan

OMG WHY CAN'T PEOPLE SEEM TO NOT USE THE SEARCH BAR. IF YOU LOOK IT UP YOU WOULD SEE THAT THERE ARE MANY MONTHS TO CELEBRATE THIS GROUPS OF PEOPLE. sorry caps lock o.o' yay thumbs down for the truth!

!CoolMama!

Just let them have their month ok? It doesn't really matter all that much.

!@#$%^&

this question has been posted here: 123 455 times now. I been counting.

!!CRAZY!!

African-American have been through a lot in History. I think it is fair because they have contributed a lot to the United States.Hope This Helps!!!!

!!!!

You don't see Indian history month. And no one teaches Latin or Asian history month, only Black history month. That's not fair to other races.

#1 due March 22nd!!

There you go being selfish again. It's not for YOU white people or whatever race you are, it's primary objective is to bring together BLACK people. So don't get ahead of yourself, like we are trying to go out of our way to help you. There is a crisis in black communities in the Western World, hopefully Black History month can help that.Edit:This is comical, 'Schṓlḁr' was correct, it's not like you have to go to the jungles of Congo with a spear hunting for wild animals with black paint on your skin is it? So come off the hype talk please. You hardly learn anything anyway, as I said before; it's mainly aimed at the black community.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information