Friends has a 2003 Honda Accord LX 3.0 v6 "overheating"
They have replaced the radiator and thermostat already and both fans are working fine.
Known other symptoms are revving the car to 3000 and hold the temp drops quickly to normal also there is no heat when turned on.
I worry they may have air in system or malfunctioning thermostat. I didn't do any of the work but was asked to after they where told now it's a water pump. Since I sharing my opinion they are being taken for a an expensive ride.
Since the odd diagnosis of the functioning water pump with no leaks and circulation of water. I'm questioning all work previously done. Aftermarket radiator meeting requirements, proper installation of the thermostat (air hole up) or if even replaced. I did see tooling marks on bolts though.
I haven't worked on any newer accords before or any newer Hondas for some time now hopped someone out there with any other opinions or ideas to the issues. I already warned them about blowing a head gasket and warping damage.
If anything , there is a wire harness next to the thermostat attached to a bracket. How do I pop it off the bracket to allow more room to remove and check thermostat.
Thank You for any thoughts,