Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Monster Beats Solo HD vs Sony MDR ZX Series?

I'm looking for a new pair of headphones, & let's just say my price range maxes out at the price for Beats Solo HD ~ $150 on Amazon.

I've been using the Sony MDR ZX-300, and it's been a charm for me. The only issue I have with it is that it can be uncomfortable, which is a turn-off. The top headpiece is the main concern. It presses down on my head because of it's relative flatness, that I can't wear it for long periods. Plus it always ruins my hair. I thought about upgrading to the ZX-700, but it weighs 9.2oz, over twice the ZX300, and I don't know if it will be comfortable, albeit a higher sound quality.

Reading reviews however, Beats Solo HD seem like they sacrifice audio quality for more bass, which although appealing, isn't enough to make me want to lose quality.

So I'm basically looking for any headphone recommendations that have high sound quality, but also comfortable to wear. Or if you have experience with Sony headphones, maybe the audio quality distinction with Solo HD's isn't noticeable, and they are the best option.

Unregistered
    Basically, the Solo HDs are good at what the ZX300s isn't. They have punchy bass, clear highs but suppressed mids. Isolation is great with the Solos. The silicone headband cushion is OK, but sorta feels like it grips your hair and oily if you're exercising.

Unregistered
    io ho sia le solo hd che le sony zx700, e ti posso dire che le sony sono altamente superiori come qualità audio, e molto molto comode!!! se cerchi l'audio cristallino e preciso e la comodità sulle orecchie, dirigiti sulle zx 700 che tra l'altro sono a un buon prezzo, le solo lasciale perdere è solo una questione di moda, e non hai idea di quanto mi sia pentito ad averle comprate.

Unregistered
    just depends on what you use them for if you need for dj, need it for wearing long periods of time, long trips i recommand beats but if you want cheap ones to use for listening to music on ipod, computer, mp3, for use of 1-2 hours, use it for devicess then i recommand mdr zx series

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information