Okay, as a precursor, the other day I got into a funky little discussion about vampires and mythology and it doesn't really matter.

What matters is that in the end, I decided to calculate the rough strength of a twilight vampire! Anyways, The basis of this is a line in the book where it is said, while arm-wrestling, that the force being applied against the character's arm is roughly "That of a cement truck moving at 60 mph". Or something like that.

Anyways, I did some quick calculations, and a cement truck weighs roughly 35000 kilograms when fully laden, and 60 mph comes out to 26.9224 m/s. According to a funk calculator I found on the 'net, this equates to 12684273.3808 Joules.

Assuming perfect efficiency, am I correct in assuming this equates to the ability to lift roughly 12 million kilograms to a height of 10 cm? And even further, if I, for example, doubled that height, I would simply halve the amount lifted?

Sorry if the question is a bit basic, but I've never really liked math too much, so your yae or nae's are much appreciated! Thanks!

Oh, one final thing; assuming this force is exhibited over a 36 square cm lifting surface, is there a way to determine the strength of that surface? At the very least, a pointer in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!