Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket reputation?

The price point, coverage (native), and business model.. their voice quality is below that of some other carriers. With low spectrum holdings you can't really blame them for compressing it so badly. EV-DO network is slow. Low end phones, fees left and right, horrible customer service, shady dealers and to top it all off there are many other carriers that have a far lesser amount of fees, better coverage, voice quality, phone support, phone selection (BYOD and prepackaged devices) and wider range of plans..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket reputation?

What fees? I know of a $15 ESN fee, and the $3 payment fee, but what others are there. They did away with the reactivation fee, most of the taxes, migration fees, late fee. The network is pretty good, voice is clear and I have only experienced 4 or 5 dropped calls in two yrs. The data speeRAB are getting better, the price point I get more for the $ than I ever did with Sprint. The coverage, well I have to say it's better than 2 yrs ago and getting better. For talk and text it's partner coverage is with Sprint. The phone selection is getting better, so that leave the customer service. Ya CS on the phone sucks but if you deal with either a dealer or a corp store it's better.
    For shady dealers, I haven't met one yet.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket reputation?

i agree; i had service with them for 9 years and in 2009 i switched carriers and i wont be going back,i couldnt leave town and have service just to call and was paying 69.20 for extra 200 min of roaming that didnt work and as far as sprint goes its is awful in my state so dont think your getting anything better,my friend had sprint and 80 percent of the time she had to use my straight talk phone to make a call,so now she has done the switch and loves it.im getting a smart phone, better service,unlimitid everything for 48.60 tax and mind you and if im a day late no 15.00 charge easy to switch phones and take your service and nuraber with you, yes i still have my cricket nuraber, i own it after 9 years ,i got so sick of that 15.00 charge it made me sick,if i bought a new phone from cricket and i bought a new one every chance i got ,i had to pay 15.00 if i was late paying my bill it was 15.00, they charge me 15.00 many times for stuff i see now that they shouldnt,guess thats what i did to myself for not checking for better cell services,im glad some people are happy with cricket its there choice but i hate that your missing out on a cheepier service and way so much better.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket reputation?

well i think that most people associate cricket with poor people or lowincome people because most teens get it because you dont really need all the bs that sprint need to activate a phone or want to pay that high cost and when they really dont even leave there city..Well when people start clowin sayin i got cricket i kinda sit em down and tell em the facts and show em i got all features on my evo working lol they just drop there jawz..they really have the mentality that nothing works on flashed phones..well thats my take on that....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket reputation?

Because not everyone owns their own computer business and is an IT guy, its for people with no credit. I'm offended I am pure white trash and have Cricket because its what I stereotypically should have right. I am a drunk tree cliraber who makes moonshine in louisville and in the meth filled summers me and some boys from the projects replace roofs and steal car batteries to get top up paygo carRAB. I mean if me and Afro Black need to get our ghetto project drank on and still be able to holler at white girls we gotta have cricket.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket reputation?

Interesting, I am a prevoius owner of a pager & cell phone business! What I have seen and know is that when cricket first started out, I seen 40% of my Pager customer base drop and get cricket cell phones within 120 days when their plans were $19.99 in the beginning. So me being a smart business man, I sold the rest of my customer base and got out of the business. I know for a fact that 1. customers dropped home phone service and got a cricket. 2. $15.00 pager with voicemail and you could get a cell phone for $19.99, commom sense! 3. Adults were keeping the major service providers and getting cricket phones for their kiRAB. 4. now 75% of the people i know have cricket and dnt complain. i think if people took a drive to other parts of town, besides their own area, from the low end to high end area's, I see all race's in these stores. Anyone who uses common sense and not stereotyping, dollar for dollar, Cricket makes sense for most, depending on ur neeRAB. Alot of businesses use cricket as their business line, so it really depenRAB on what ur doing, blue collar, white collar, and no collar! I personally use Verizon, business, family and close fienRAB & Cricket for whoever and whatever, i burn that line up, there's no way I could do that on Verizon. Cricket has come along way and moving forward, prices are jumping up, but the new android phones makes them a competitor now. but i am on the $45 with a fascinate, but if i have to pay for the $55 plan, It would definetely make me consider swithching, but I have gotten that $500 dollar bill for one month from verizon and i didn't like it one bit, now pay an extra $380 to VZW or $45 to cricket, i'm going to take cricket all day, everyday and if they laugh then tell them to kick rocks! My pockets if Fat, now laugh at that! now that $380x12 sound like a vacation, and alot of beers to me, lol!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information