Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oven tripping electric

Ours has two fans, one at the back and one at the top (blower) After you switch off it keeps the blower on for a bit.

The old one didn't, so left the main fan on for 5 minutes at minimum temp setting.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oven tripping electric

I think its the element fans not noticed any other fans but will have a look later

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oven tripping electric

Looking online seems that one at £75 is the official fan, But this one is £20

Main Oven Fan Motor

This is official and although similar it seems to have different mounting options

FAN MOTOR CIRCULATING (CK) [C00081589] - Spare Parts & Accessories For Electrical Appliances { a part for you }

Ours has screw from the back going into back of the oven. The cheaper one seems to have a round plate, which I assume is on the inside? If not if I place the round plate on the back, axle going through the body will the axle be long enough? If the round plate can be removed then use (longer) screws going through the mounting holes into the back of the oven?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oven tripping electric

They look a bit too different to me Berties. It might be possible to fit but probably only by trying it

If you put the official part No. into the same site as the £20 one it brings up that £75 one.

The cheap one is described as a main fan oven and the other one a circulating fan...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oven tripping electric

Is there an equivalent here...Elements - Heating

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oven tripping electric

The original element in our oven burnt out after 12 months and the cheap compatible replacement has lasted 2 years, so it could just be luck of the draw...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oven tripping electric

The element that packed in in our oven was 2 years old.
    I was told this is 'reasonable'.
    Which surprised me a bit, as we've had ovens that didn't need an element for as long as we were in that house.

b_icyb

Oven tripping electric

Hello again

On inspecting the oven yesterday evening, I could not identify the model nuraber depsite the Candy website assuring me a visible indication would be found 'on the door edge'

I therefore removed the element anyway. It appears to show no obvious signs of defect but I am no master of elements

The element has a series of digits, none of which Google can assist me with so far. However it does bear the voltage (230 as expected) and wattage, at 1500w

If I locate a universal element which is the same in dimension, connection and voltage, but greater in wattage (circa 2200), would that be compatible?

Not knowing the oven model nuraber is proving quite unhelpful. Unfortunately I never fitted the oven myself (it was not long installed after the property was purchased) so I have no traceable path to identify which model it is. I could remove/bring forward the unit entirely but I'd much rather avoid that!

I have tried calling Candy direct but am merely informed 'all lines are busy' then line prompty disconnects. Marvelous!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oven tripping electric

Try wading through all the elements available for Candy & see if you can match it's appearance & wattage. I wouldn't put in a higher rated one as the rest of the wiring/connectors may not be man enough to cope.

Candy Cooker & Hob Elements

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oven tripping electric

when my oven element blew it tripped out the electric once then the oven worked after i turned the power on but obviously only one element worked but it didnt keep tripping out the eelectrics. they only time i have had my oven continuously trip electrics is when i got a bit too librel cleaning it slopped loaRAB od water over it and one of the switches kept tripping the electrics.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information