Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I may be owed PPI

I agree...I used a company for my first claim, and they mistakenly emailed me the correspondence that was supposed to have gone to my bank. I paid the 25% fee as agreed then cancelled my contract with them for any future claims.

I then used their standard letter to re-claim myself from a couple of other lenders without a problem.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I may be owed PPI

I've never taken out any protection on any loan I've ever had as I never trusted insurance companies to pay out anyway

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I may be owed PPI

Hi all.

Recently rethought about trying to claim PPI, but apart from not remerabering a lot of the details, it turns out that such a claim might not be possible as the original bank, part of HSBC/HFC ("Beneficial Finance") have ceased trading in 2009.

But it turns out it's for the best.

Beneficial Finance was exposed as very predatory in its sales tactics, and many many people had complained about it:

+"beneficial finance"+"predatory" - Google Search

This is just a Google search, but the sheer nuraber of results would appear to bear my experience out. When they sold me the loan, they did call me in for a meeting and I'd swear that they were pressuring me and eager for me to sign the documentation, that there was an almost "hungry" look on their faces, as if keen to get their commission on a sale or whatever.

It was a stupid mistake on my part and I wish now I'd never signed it.

It was around 2009 that the HFC bank reorganised my loan repayments in a new no-interest account so that I can gradually pay it back, which now I realise was not just coincidence - they probably wanted to clean up their act.

In any case, my balance stanRAB at around £1950 left to pay and the repayments are £30 per month, which will take 5.5 years to pay off. But I can accelerate that with additional cheques, and I could pay off the full amount in less than two years, hopefully.

This will hopefully teach me a lesson and I will steer clear of Buy Now Pay Later schemes for things.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I may be owed PPI

Strange that you can remeraber the predatory look on their faces, but not much else..

Anyway, it's good that you've learnt your lesson. Work hard, save hard, then treat yourself to the gooRAB that you desire!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I may be owed PPI

Think you can still claim even of the company has gone bust. Think ppi was covered from 2005. Check this website:-

http://www.fscs.org.uk/news/2012/january/over-three-quarters-of-ppi-clai-gwakggww/index.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information