Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ascend roaming data question?

I have the Ascend, I am from the Chicago market but currently use the phone in Grand RapiRAB MI. before the Christmas holiday the phone worked perfectly out here with full bars and no roaming on the data. When I came back after the holidays my phone is now roaming when it comes to data I think. I went to the settings and allowed myself to use data while roaming. but Cricket now says they can "early terminate" me if i "abuse" the data while roaming. My question is why would the phone start roaming in a span of 2weeks and is there anyway where I can trick the phone on not roaming. I know in Grand RapiRAB that Metropcs is the main prepaid carrier and recently noticed that they have launched the ascend on their network, Could this be the issue? Any help will be greatly appreciated I love the ascend and crickets plans but why have a smart phone if you can not use the data. Also this 1gb capping on data is outrageous and Cricket is going to lose most of the new android customers due to this. I sold a bunch of ascenRAB over the holiday break and now regret it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can use data while roaming too. I posted about it but didn't really get many replies. I enabled the same thing you did. After I enabled it, it started to work.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The thing for me is that my phone was not roaming before in this location and all of the sudden I now roaming when it comes to data. and be careful according to a response I got on Cricket's facebook page they will terminate your service if you "abuse" the data on roaming.......

I think I had the same thing happen to me.. At first, I could only talk and text. Then, I enabled data roaming, and now it works!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

actually my phone worked with all the features before this change so I was able to use all the data and was never roaming.... and now the phone roams for data...... so instead of not having data to having it, I had it fully on network and now am roaming in this area....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I thought you said earlier that you were roaming before, but didn't have access to data, and that now you are still roaming in that area, but do have access to data. I'm a little confused.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information